Roof Rails & Mud Guards - Yay or Nay?

s4sammy

I'm looking into purchasing a CX-9 GT. I'm still debating if we should get the roof rails and mud guards. I like the clean, sports car look without it, but I also like rugged look with the rails. What do most CX-9 owners prefer?

I ordered mine with roof rack and mud guards. I think it looks more "complete" that way. It also gives the illusion that I'm a rugged outdoorsy type, which I'm really not (I go camping maybe once a year). But it's the illusion that counts!

IMHO, the darker vehicles look better with roof rails and lighter ones look great without them. I took them off of my white '08 GT the third day I owned it, and think it looks like a much sleeker crossover. My wife liked the SUV look of having them on. If yours comes with them, you can easily take them off after a while. It took me less than 20 minutes.

I added mud gurds for practicality reasons and can't really see much difference in the look. Each of these items is less expensive as an option than adding on later.

yes to rails and guards
no to the factory bars. Add thule bars and a fairing to the factory rails.

And no I am not a roof rack fanatic. I hate the look of them on the MDX for instance, but others have agreed with me that the CX-9 needs them.

(wife just chimed in with: "Oh God, yes." when she asked me what I was typing.)

yes to rails and guards
no to the factory bars. Add thule bars and a fairing to the factory rails.

And no I am not a roof rack fanatic. I hate the look of them on the MDX for instance, but others have agreed with me that the CX-9 needs them.

(wife just chimed in with: "Oh God, yes." when she asked me what I was typing.)

Thanks for all the advice. :)

I definitely will have the roof rack installed if it doesn't have one already. (Probably will come in handy if I ever buy a new matress).
Now I'm trying to find a CX-9 that matches my options requirements.

Roof rails and mud guards definately. I have already used my rack and thule bars/carrier on a road trip. My mounting feet for my Jetta rails fit the CX-9, barely. I bought the mud guards because they look cool, and I hate throwing rocks and snow on people behind me.

Here in Australia the mud spats come as standard.....actually never really thought of removing.
Your USA roof rails are a great style compared to what we get offered here and I reckon they look fantastic....

Anyone interested in shipping a set of roof rails to Australia for me??

Please PM me if anyone can help.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back