How to releave Cam pump pressure

Ok I have to copy this from our shop manual i work at a mazda dealership so give me some time but i wanted to atleast get the thread started if no one else has. First i wanted to start this cause i saw a few people asking how and i must warn them. Operating PSI from the High pressure cam pump to the Direct injectors is ALOT OF PRESSURE I thinks it's between 40-60PSi from the tank pump to the cam pump and from the cam pump to the rail is i believe 1,500 PSI if i'm correct which i'm almost sure but of course i will double check this when i copy the procedure from the manual. BE FAR WARNED if you try to just break the line loose to bleed pressure like non DIS or older cars that heavy duty line is heavy duty for a reason and you will HURT YOURSELF including possibly loosing some fingers. j/k but seriously if you don't know what to do leave it alone till you find out 1,500-2,000 PSI if ALOT of fuel pressure. I'll add the procedure straight from the mazda repair manuals we have here. just give a couple minutes.

Last edited:
Ok this is what the manual says to bleed the fuel system down for doing things like replacing the cam pump with PG's upgraded cam pump. Find the fuse box and locate the fuel pump relay AND fuel pump fuse. first loose and remove the gas cap. remove the fuel pump main relay and fuel pump fuse. start engine and wait for engine to stall. once engine has stalled keep cranking engine several times to remove all pressure from the system. i'd say crank it for like 30 seconds maybe a full minute to be safe. hope this may help some of you guys

even though all the pressure should all be gone now. when breaking the lines loose and removing them TAKE YOUR time and do things slowly.

Back