CX9 - RX8 Wheels

Quattro8880

:
'07 CX-9 GT
Does anyone know if the 18" x 8" - 5 x 114.3 wheels from an '06 RX8 will fit on a CX9? I'm concerned about offset.

Looks like from the RX8 forum the offset is +50. Can anyone verify?

And it looks like from this forum the CX9 20's are a +45mm offset. Can anyone verify?

Anyone want to guess if that 5mm will make a difference?

Last edited:
Looks like from the RX8 forum the offset is +50. Can anyone verify?

And it looks like from this forum the CX9 20's are a +45mm offset. Can anyone verify?

Anyone want to guess if that 5mm will make a difference?

RX8 wheels are 18inch.
That 5mm will not make difference - but max load capacity, might be the concern?
I do not have the numbers thoug...

Last edited:
They work fine. I bought a set off eBay for snow tires. I got a set of mildly used with TPMS installed for about 450. MY GT had 20"s, and I went to 18"s to save some money on the tires. The +50 ofset is no issue and FWIW, that is exactly what tire rack wanted to sell me with a wheel package. The TPMS took a day to be happy but all is well,

They work fine. I bought a set off eBay for snow tires. I got a set of mildly used with TPMS installed for about 450. MY GT had 20"s, and I went to 18"s to save some money on the tires. The +50 ofset is no issue and FWIW, that is exactly what tire rack wanted to sell me with a wheel package. The TPMS took a day to be happy but all is well,

And i got the Tirerack recommended 18" winterpackage 235/65-18 Bridgestone DM-Z3 with Sport Edition KV5 18" wheels.

They do feel and look great. I'm happy with the pyrchase(10)

View attachment 124181

From the looks of it a few people have been doing this.
I am just wondering if there were any issues with the load rating of the RX8 rims.

When discussing offset u guys forgot that rx8 wheel is 0.5"wider so visually it actually sticks out 1.5mm ish more...and it's a wash in terms of bearing load...I don't think weight load is any issue...all wheel retailers check is offset and bolt pattern.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back