AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:
SOLD 2002 Protege5; Current 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
Our live-in sitter just opened the passenger door of the Mazda CX-9 into the driver door of my BMW. We'll see what daylight brings. (boom07)

(I did a corresponding post on my BMW forum.)

Zoomfive

I know the feeling!
Yesterday my 4 year old nephew rode up the side of my 12 day old CX9 and left scratches on the passenger side door down to what looks like the primer coat.
Not happy!

I know the feeling!
Yesterday my 4 year old nephew rode up the side of my 12 day old CX9 and left scratches on the passenger side door down to what looks like the primer coat.
Not happy!

Will you have it repainted?

I don't think I will need to as I have a friend of a friend that has a dent & paintless auto repair business. He will probably just fill and buff back..... I am very lucky there is actually no panel (dent) damage at all.

I have seen their work and these blokes are amazing what they can do to fix all kinds of damage.

Our live-in sitter just opened the passenger door of the Mazda CX-9 into the driver door of my BMW. We'll see what daylight brings. (boom07)

Zoomfive

Sorry dude, post some pics....

The first day (literally!) that I had our CX-9, I opened the driver's side door and didn't hold onto it. It swung open and caught the mirror of our Volvo. Nice little black spot of about 2mm (on Crystal White paint) and a very small dent. I cleaned up the black mark and now nobody but me knows it's there. But it immediately released me from the dread of "the first scratch" :)

The first week I had mine I brought my son to the spray car wash. I told him, be careful not to hit the car with the spray wand. He sprays with the wand and "BANG" hits the side of the vehicle. Although not a big scratch/dent it still peaved me. I should be the one to put a scratch/dent on my vehicle.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well on 12/21, I was on my way to the office x-mas party when an empty trash can blow out of the back of pickup truck and struck the front driver side bumper. Can hitting car at 50 mph was not pretty. I could have cried. Then the guy fled so my insurance has to foot the bill. Dumbass people.

Wife and I went to River of Lights at the Bio Park Sunday night. Apparently someone hit my car while it was parked. I just noticed it this morning--too dark to see that night. (argh)

BumperDamage.jpg

Not sure if I'll report it to my insurance company or not--will depend on estimates I get.

Anyone know if a hit & run is covered by collision or comprehensive? I would think comprehensive, at it was caused by an unknown party?

CX-9; sos far, so good. About 2 months old now and not a scratch (did I just jinx myself?).

Zoomfive

So how was the door ding?
These CX-9s are a huge canvas for a door ding masterpiece.

So how was the door ding?
These CX-9s are a huge canvas for a door ding masterpiece.

I think I got lucky. I parked just far enough away from the bmw so that the CX-9 door just wedged against the BMW paint. Looks like just a scuff that may polish out of the BMW. The CX-9 is intact.

Back