2008 GT with Bluetooth

Esprit

:
2008Mazda5, 1969Lotus Elan, 1983Lotus TurboEsprit, 2012Fiat 500C
Hi,
Did anyone try the Bluetooth in the 2008 MZ5 GT? How are they? Are the good and easy to use? I read the Bluetooth phone list on the Mazda.ca and .com, it seem like a lot of cell phone may not work with the in-car Bluetooth!!!!

Thank you and Happy New Year to all MZ5 owner and MZ owner.

Howdy,

We just picked up our Mazda5 Grand Touring right before taking a 1 week vacation, so I only had a very short time to play with bluetooth (without Navi)

Basically, Mazda5's bluetooth allows you to dial with numbers, or pre-programmed voice entries "say, Jay Leno", but only with voice recognitition. I didn't see a way to push buttons to dial, or see/hear your phone's address book

Pairing up the phone is easy. Even the voice recognition is pretty good for numbers. You can also do 3 way call waiting and other phone functions, but all with voice recognition.

In comparison, BMW and Garmin Nuvi have buttons to dial a number, or pick an address book entry from the phone. There are no pre-programmed voice entries.

The short review is, taking an incoming call is fairly simple, and dialing out pre-programmed entry is easy too. Choosing a number from your cell address book is not possible.

Hope this helps,

Thugus.

Found this the other day on the Mazda USA web site. The corresponding PDF archive is downloadable if you are registered to the site. As I understand the Bluetooth technology sets the compatibility, not the handset itself.

Attachments

• 2008_Mazda5_Bluetooth_Quick_User_Guide.jpg
    2008_Mazda5_Bluetooth_Quick_User_Guide.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 719
My wife loves the Bluetooth connection in our '08 GT. She set it all up herself and has been using it without any trouble. She uses a Motorola RAZR V3xx, FYI.

Not being able to use the phone's address book is the only complaint she has voiced.

We love the bluetooth as well, also using a Motorola v3 razr. Not perfect, but the voice recognition works surprisingly well.

Anyone know if the bluetooth module is part of the radio or separate? I want to replace the radio but wonder if by doing so I will loose the bluetooth.

Latest posts

Back