2008 US-Spec LED tail lights....

Benfolio

:
06 Mazda 5 - '01 P71
SO glad I didn't keep the 5 because I kinda wanted the LED tails. Not anymore. Got the new catalog today, and *gulp* they retail for over $700.00
EACH (boom01)

OH MY F$%^ING GOD!!!! I'm suddenly glad that they weren't growing on me either. Damn, that some gouging there let me tell ya.....

Just wait until they don't sell and they clearance them...

Or, find someone that has them and take them(naughty)

Wow, that is crazy,

The Japanese ones we carry only sell for $431 for the pair.

Does the LED lights really look better? I mean they look like string of round beads when lit up. The kind you see when you go to the teen crafts section of the walmart. Things I like about LED, would be the 'lesser' power they are supposed to consume.. and of course, they are supposed to last long. But until they design an LED bulb that is as big as a regular tail light, I prefer the traditional tail lights... (or I could just be sourgraping... lol).

They also light up faster than a normal bulb-style lamp, and at freeway speeds that can mean the difference of you getting rearended in a panic stop or not.

Which is good because if you ARE rear-ended and both taillights are broken they are going to total the friggin car. $1400+ for a pair of taillights is ridiculous.

Japanese tail lights from MAZDA ?

Wow, that is crazy,

The Japanese ones we carry only sell for $431 for the pair.

CorkSport,

I've been searching for a place to order the 2008 LED tail lights for while. In Germany MAZDA does not sell a model with these tail lights. They can order a pair for 840 which is far more than I would be willing to pay.
The japanese ones you mentioned for $431. Are they the original MAZDA parts? And could you imagine to ship a pair to Germany?

No rewiring

As far as I could find out the LED models have the same connector and the same pin assignment as the standard taillights. So it should just be exchanging them and you're done.
OK, there is stil the problem of getting a pair at a reasonable price. The Mazda pricing definetly makes me think, that they don't want to sell them ;-)

same story about EDM/JDM mazda3 LED tail lights versus the USDM ones... the USDM ones almost cost twice as much just simply because of one extra LED at the corner of the tail light... stupid US laws requiring lit sidemarkers/corners

Installed LEDs from Corksport

I ordered a pair of the japanese LED tail lights ~3weeks ago. They finally arrived and I installed them immediately.

I think they fit the silver colour of my car better than the original red tail lights.

The light itself:
1440_6536343430353036.jpg

comparison old / new
1440_6631356463303431.jpg

LEDs on
1440_3133633461623463.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of the japanese LED tail lights ~3weeks ago. They finally arrived and I installed them immediately.

I think they fit the silver colour of my car better than the original red tail lights.

schne sportkombi :D

BTW, some people back here may be interested in your old taillights, we don't get that design in North America (naughty)

old tail lights

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in the red tail lights :).

Just another funny thing where the models differ depending on where you buy them. The clear tail lights that were standard on the US models cost ~400 USD in Germany. Mazda didn't sell a model in Germany that had the clear tail lights as standard.

Unique Look, definately stands-out.
They do blend well with the silver.
But some big $$$ for tails.

You know, you see them, you like them, ... you want to have, ... you must have, you buy ...

At least it was much less than what they cost in Europe.
Austria, Switzerland, Germany ... everywhere ~ 1200 USD.

Back