Turbo upgrades Mazdaspeed 6

pmh67

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Wanted to ask for some impressons on folks with Mazdaspeed 6's and upgraded turbos there impressions of their kits and the installation process. Not looking for anything in details but a general impression and "feel" about the upgrade.

Have been looking at turbokits.com and am interested in there offerings as a start.

Also if anyone in this category in New England if they could recommend a good shop that did their install....

Thanks
2007 Mazdaspeed 6

atp is the only company i know with an upgrade for the ms6, there is another company building one there is a thread about it on here some where, also you can send out the stock turbo and have it reworked. search and you will find everything you want to know

Wanted to ask for some impressons on folks with Mazdaspeed 6's and upgraded turbos there impressions of their kits and the installation process. Not looking for anything in details but a general impression and "feel" about the upgrade.

Have been looking at turbokits.com and am interested in there offerings as a start.

Also if anyone in this category in New England if they could recommend a good shop that did their install....

Thanks
2007 Mazdaspeed 6

Upgraded turbo's don't go well with this car. There seems to be an issue with not enough fuel..some people have been running kits without any soloution..but i would suggest some kind of ems before upgrading.

AS mentioned before the only upgraded turbo kit is atp.

-C

as of now, I haven't seen high flow injectors or a walbro that will fit our cars.

The turbine options now are the GT3071 or the GT3076.

These turbos are well capable of the 400whp w/ fine tuning but there are yet to be any aftermarket fuel systems to feed these big turbos any more fuel.

dude get the atp turbo upgrade, cpe-stand alone(or whatever its called, the tuning thingy ahah), full exhaust and cpe front mount intercooler kit and tell me how fast ur car gets. If you got the money then do this son...I have enough but I dnt want to waste it on the mazda

....my motor blew with bolt ons( CAI, CBE, test pipe, BOV), block cant take it. needs to be built to handle a bigger turbo along with a fuel upgrade. Just my .02 cents.

....my motor blew with bolt ons( CAI, CBE, test pipe, BOV), block cant take it. needs to be built to handle a bigger turbo along with a fuel upgrade. Just my .02 cents.

How many miles on it? How many were with the mods above?

Any track use?

Seems odd that it would just pop..with those mods..That's why she staying as stock as possible until warranty runs out.

Dude, people are blowing there motor with no mods...BONE STOCK.(blowup)
There are several guys out there with gt3071's like me doing just fine. I think if you have a good tune and dont beat the crap out of your car on a daily basis it should be fine.

Dude, people are blowing there motor with no mods...BONE STOCK.(blowup)
There are several guys out there with gt3071's like me doing just fine. I think if you have a good tune and dont beat the crap out of your car on a daily basis it should be fine.

Your crazy Jason we don't know what we're talking about.

How many miles on it? How many were with the mods above?

Any track use?

Seems odd that it would just pop..with those mods..That's why she staying as stock as possible until warranty runs out.

30,000 miles on the car, yes it is an 06, and it had probably 20000 with those mods.

I have over 25k with my mods and thats just about everything exept a built engine and a fuel pump ugrade and the (NEW PG TURBO MANI)......

I have over 25k with my mods and thats just about everything exept a built engine and a fuel pump ugrade and the (NEW PG TURBO MANI)......

off topic but with your pg turbo manifold...did you wrap it? if not..are you having issues with anything melting? As i have seen most tubular manifolds glow when pushed hard on the dyno.

-C

poor Jason didn't get to have the prototype because we wanted to test it on a stock/mostly stock car. But he WILL have one.

They've had the GT28 Speed6 option since at least the fall.... and that's just on the website. It's been technically available on a call-in basis.

If you're going for the GT28, you might as well just have the stocker rebuilt to flow more..... for about half the price.....

I think its a good option to reduce the risk of blowing your motor most gt28's are good up to 350whp which is fine for the street/mild track use

Latest posts

Back