interior bulb size?

tidriver

:
Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
would like to replace my overhead bulb and courtesy (door) bulb with some colored LED ones and would like to know what size they are. I looked in the manual and it only indicated the wattage, anyone know what size these bulbs are?

thanks

2008 MAZDA CX-9 (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
HID-D2S

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Parking light

Front turn signal
1156A
1156AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Rear turn signal
992 (7440A)

Tail light
LED

Stop light
LED

High mount stop light
Assembly

Fog/Driving light
9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

License plate
2825LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Map light
DE3175

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3175

I threw in a set of LED lights in the White or Hyperwhite color and it looks awesome. The Overhead Domes take part # DE3175 - I went for the 1 Watt bulbs which seemed to be the brightest option. The Doors take Part # 194 (T10) Wedge If you go to sites like www.tunerdomes.com or autolumination.com you can pick them up. Guy at Tunerdomes was very interactive and great. Email me if you have any questions!

I threw in a set of LED lights in the White or Hyperwhite color and it looks awesome. The Overhead Domes take part # DE3175 - I went for the 1 Watt bulbs which seemed to be the brightest option. The Doors take Part # 194 (T10) Wedge If you go to sites like www.tunerdomes.com or autolumination.com you can pick them up. Guy at Tunerdomes was very interactive and great. Email me if you have any questions!

I also purchased the same items that you have from Tunerdomes. My question to you is, how did you get the bulbs out of the door? I mean, did you pull hard on them? My fingers keep slipping around the bulb (even though my fingers are dry), and the bulbs get hot really fast; forcing me to wait until they cool down before another attempt. I don't want to grip the bulbs too hard for fear of breaking them (due to squeezing too hard). Any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to get 'em out.

Last edited:
Interior LEDs

oroboy, sorry for the late reply...I had to use a dry papertowel and lots of swearing. Glad you were able to get yours out. Yes, they heat up way too fast to get your fingers on for long. Did you do anything with your license plates or just interior?

oroboy, sorry for the late reply...I had to use a dry papertowel and lots of swearing. Glad you were able to get yours out. Yes, they heat up way too fast to get your fingers on for long. Did you do anything with your license plates or just interior?

I too used a papertowl... and pliers (squeezing gently). At first I tried a microfiber cloth and pulling with my fingers, but it just kept slipping off... I also tried the cloth with the pliers, but because the cloth was too thick, I couldn't get a firm grip, and it ended up slipping as well. I finally used the papertowel/pliers method, and was able to pry them loose.

Yes, I also changed the license plate lights as well. I purchased 2 6-LED white lights from www.superbrightleds.com . The LED's look great on the plate, and are of course, really bright. I also swapped out the reverse lights a single high-powered LED. It looks good... I'll take some pictures this weekend of the back side. Just for kicks, I swapped out the rear marker lights (above the reverse lights) with the LED's that I used for the licence plate to see how they would look. They weren't as bright as the filament bulbs because of the way the LED's are positioned (to shoot the light beam straight out). I think if I get the mulit-directional mounted LED's, I will get better results; BUT, the cavity inside of the light housing is rather small, so I can't get anything too big. My last step is to do the marker lights and turn signals, I'm looking to get some from another LED distributer: www.v-leds.com .

Last edited:
@DocMazda:

Here are the pictures I promised of the backside. Apologies for the picture quality, but as my digital camera is broken at the moment, all I have to use is the camera on my cell phone. Both the license plate lights as well as the reverse lights were purchased at Superbrightleds.com. I like the way the licence plate lights turned out, with the 6-LED wedge bulbs providing more than enough illumination. Surprisingly, the reverse light is actually using only 1 LED bulb (high-powered); doesn't look like much durring the day, but as you can see, nightime is a different story...

m1kl4.jpg

m2sy5.jpg

Here are pictures of the interior lights if anybody's interested. I got the high-powered 1W Hyper White bulbs from TunerDomes.com. Picture quality ain't the best (camera phone), but at least it gives you an idea. The last picture that I took of the inside while standing on the front outside of the car looks as if the interior light has a blue hue, but it actually is white... maybe a little blue tint, but mostly white. The last thing to change will be the visor-mirror lights, then the interior will be done.

m3zt8.jpg
m4lt9.jpg
m5gh2.jpg

m6ce8.jpg
m7qy0.jpg

Back