Tire Pressure Monitor - sensitivity

live2ski

Does anyone else get many false alarms with the TPMS? I've heard that large temperature swings and changes in altitude can contribute to this. Here in Colorado, both are fairly common. Is there any way to reduce the sensitivity of the TPMS so I don't get so many false alarms? does the sensor go off if the PSI goes below a certain limit - can that value be changed?

Hmmm...no one else?? I guess I'll have to ask the dealer. the TPMS goes off usually when it's been warm (40's) during the day and gets down to 10 degrees or less at night.

Are the tires filled with Nitrogen? would this help/hurt the situation?

On a trip with elevations between 5200 (home) and sea level, at an overnight stay at 2300 feet we lost enough pressure to set it off. About 5 lbs. refilled to spec and no more problem, so they worked as designed.

Hmmm...no one else?? I guess I'll have to ask the dealer. the TPMS goes off usually when it's been warm (40's) during the day and gets down to 10 degrees or less at night.

Are the tires filled with Nitrogen? would this help/hurt the situation?

Mine gone off yesterday afternoon when there was - 13 Celsius outside. (For metrically challnged that makes about 8 F) Took visual tour and found nothing wrong with the tires. Next morning in the garage there where no alarms. have not checked them with manometer yet.

Back