remove factory redio

microlost

remove factory cd player

could any one tell me how to remove the factory radio? i have a 07 cx-9 sport with the basic cd player, do i need to remove the whole pannel like on the cx-7? or i can just remove the radio with out touching the pannel? if anyone has pictures on how to remove the readio, please post them, thank you thank you

Last edited:
Nor would you unless you bought one.
They dont come with a car.

If someone can find info on how to install an iPod adapter for the CX-9, it should tell you how to remove the radio.

Is it double DIN that needs those u shaped ford keys? If so then make some from a wire coathanger. Got mine out like that. Not sure if CX-9s are the same. 2 trim pieces come off of left & right side exposing 4 holes for the keys. Put all 4 in and spread them out so the release the ears holding it in the dash & pull it straight out. Good luck.

Is it double DIN that needs those u shaped ford keys? If so then make some from a wire coathanger. Got mine out like that. Not sure if CX-9s are the same. 2 trim pieces come off of left & right side exposing 4 holes for the keys. Put all 4 in and spread them out so the release the ears holding it in the dash & pull it straight out. Good luck.
i done that on my millenia, but i don't see any holes on the cx-9, here is a picture of it, maybe some can help me by looking at the picture

mazda_cx9_touringawd_2007_dashboard_dashboard_640x480.jpg

Here are the iPod integration module instructions. Pages 4-6 cover removal of the necessary dash panels to get to the radio.

Attachments

• Ipod_Integration_Module_CX9.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 653
Just what I was looking for.... I just got the Sirius unit for our CX-9 and wanted to know how to take the panels off. Thanks.

Back