WAAAA.. bad exhaust note during acceleration

spond

Hey all.. new 07 in Sept.. 10K on it already.. Found a bunch of the same issue we have all had.. including the crunch.. but this is one..

on standard acceleration.. the engine sounds great.. and use to sound great under hard acceleration.. but now.. when I accelerate.. it sounds like the exhaust is pulling away from teh engine.. and it gets all loud and anyoing.. this is hard acceleration mind you in any gear.. from 2500 up to about 3500 rpm.. anyone have this.. The dealer couldn't replicate it of course.. so I wil have ot go with him .. and maybe even take a tester for a drive.. but i swear it is a new thing..

Perhaps now that your engine is a little broken in, it's so powerful that it's just blowing the exhaust apart?

:)

well.. it is a race car don't you know.. lol..

That's it. Too much Zoom-Zoom on that squirrel wheel engine (drive2)

Hmmm, loss of power noticed? If not, may be a defective exhaust only? If yes, may be a bad seal somewhere where the exhaust system starts? Get the dealer guys to ride with you while you drive, otherwise these guys may find it difficult to pinpoint the issue (as they drive all models all day).

Back