Rust on tailgate

reallady

When I had my winter tires put on this week the mechanic pointed out some small rust spots (more like pinhead sized dots) on the lower area of the tailgate. There is also a more noticeable rust coloured area to the right of the chrome plate covering the tailgate lock. I have the white pearl colour & the vehicle is 6 months old. Has anyone else had problems?

claybar the car. those rust marks are caused by airborne industrial fallout that get stuck in the paint. overtime they will rust.

claybar should take it right out.

When I had my winter tires put on this week the mechanic pointed out some small rust spots (more like pinhead sized dots) on the lower area of the tailgate. There is also a more noticeable rust coloured area to the right of the chrome plate covering the tailgate lock. I have the white pearl colour & the vehicle is 6 months old. Has anyone else had problems?

Call dealership ASAP.....................36 months warranty

I had the same problem with my Jetta, but it was on the door knockers by the foot. It was caused by standing water and what NCZ13 says. I used some fine buffing paste and hand buffed/wiped it off.

Back