First Time Impressions of Mazda Dealer

stsmith

:
07 CX9 GT
Ok. I'm out here in So Cal and my 07 GT does the drift to the left thing. So, I call up the dealer that I purchased the car and setup an appointment. Once in, I was treated like a KING. Not only did they offer a loaner right off the bat, but provided a nice lounge with internet for the short wait. I got to meet with the service manager. He took my car for a drive just to make sure it was all taken care of. When done, they washed it and the service writer even went over all of the work ( 3 items) that was done. My over all impression with Norco Mazda. EXCELLENT! I wish some of our American dealerships (Chevy, Ford, Cad, GMC) would take and example of dealerships like these that treat people and their cars like you should be treated.
Sorry for the long post.
Cheers
Steve

It's good to hear of a pleasant visit to the dealer. I never had any dealings with my dealer Kingwood Mazda other than buying the car and ordering parts. My warrany went out the window a few months after I bought the car with the turbo and I do all my own work.

I wish I had that nice of an experience. I went to the Mazda Ourisman in Laurel, MD. The first day I walked in and told them what vehicle I wanted (color, options, etc.) it took them 4.5 hours to tell me what the payments would be so I could decide if I wanted it. Took 1.5 hours to sign the paperwork, as they thought I was another dealer dropping off a vehicle. 3 trips to get the mats and second passkey they owed me (vehicle was delivered without). 2 trips to fix damage that the did while working on my vehicle, btw replacement parts were never in stock. I did get a loaner once. Dropped off my CX-9 got a Suzuki forenza, pretty equal hey, not. I finally demanded that they fill my tank because I lived 22 miles away and was tired of footing the bill.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons I bought a CX-9 was because of the service I'd received on my Miata from the local area Mazda dealer (I had bought my Miata used about a year ago from a private seller).

The service manager always makes sure everything is done to my satisfaction, they'll shuttle me to work and back if necessary, and if I am waiting, I can sit in the lounge and watch sat TV, dial into work, do some reading, or just talk about "car stuff" with the parts guy.

Every Mazda dealer should treat each and every customer that way! In fact, Mazda USA requires it. When you purchase your vehicle, you should have met the Sales Manager, Parts and Sales Managers, as well as given a tour of the dealership.

Mazda grades each and every dealer and they want 100% Satisfaction from the dealership and the sales people as well. Too bad, not all of the Mazda dealersships and Sales professionals strive for this. I am glad that my dealership continually strives for the 100% satsifaction in all areas!

Every Mazda dealer should treat each and every customer that way! In fact, Mazda USA requires it. When you purchase your vehicle, you should have met the Sales Manager, Parts and Sales Managers, as well as given a tour of the dealership.

Mazda grades each and every dealer and they want 100% Satisfaction from the dealership and the sales people as well. Too bad, not all of the Mazda dealersships and Sales professionals strive for this. I am glad that my dealership continually strives for the 100% satsifaction in all areas!

I am happy for you and I get 110% dissatisfaction every time I walked into my dealership. See my post below :(

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123690727

Last edited:
Well , I had a good start as well, they were full of work and with no slots in the agenda, and still, I called in the afternoon and the next morning I was delivering the car, and a few hours later, the car was ready and only the cx-9's (mine and another one ) were washed (not even the other brand new cars) , so I guess what made the difference was owning a cx-9 (first)

I am glad to hear that other people have had better experiences. Next time I go to have service done I will pick a different dealership. Something to look forward to.

Back