K&N has it

autoanything has the 3.7L v6 filter selection and does not allow 3.5L for selection. I'm sure there is no difference, but they do not list the part #.

autoanything has the 3.7L v6 filter selection and does not allow 3.5L for selection. I'm sure there is no difference, but they do not list the part #.

Their dropdowns show a 3.7L for 2007, which obviously is incorrect. When you select it and look at the actual order, it lists the correct K&N part number.

For those of you that bought the filter and installed it, how does it work for you? Any noticeable performance?

For those of you that bought the filter and installed it, how does it work for you? Any noticeable performance?

I have installed mine. I really haven't driven it enough yet to notice any performance difference. What I am hoping it will squeeze a couple extra MPG out of it.

Without a rigorous (dyno) test, you're going to have a hard time determining exactly what performance / mileage improvement you get from a K&N filter.

I got mine simply because it works at least as well as the OEM filter and I don't have to replace it all the time.

Don't K&N filters have to be re-oiled once in a while? Not sure about the one for the CX-9, but the one for my Audi requires it to be lightly oiled, which can be an issue if you clean it out and put too much oil back in (excess oil can ruin the mass air flow sensor)

K&N filters are oiled I believe. I am afraid to use one as there have been instances of the MAF getting dirty from excess oil. For my Subie, Blitz which is dry.

Back