tail lights

My wife just busted her left tail light. Luckliy didn't dent or scratchany other part of the car. Are these very expensive to replace. I mean I can do the install myself, but I dont know how much the part costs...

you should check with corksport and maybe get a pair of the led tail lights and be a little different!

I found a left tail light for sale for $150 plus shipping. Do you still need it? Also do you still have the broken one? would you be willing to sell it? I need one I can experiment with to see if I can remove the outside shell and blackout the interior before I do the deed to my good lights.

Hehe i had the same idea. The trick is to put it in the oven just enough time to soften the glue of the glass and then pry it out. The trickess part is the painting of the chrome, to make the paint hold good. I think some sanding is needed and a good spray of promoter.

Hehe i had the same idea. The trick is to put it in the oven just enough time to soften the glue of the glass and then pry it out. The trickess part is the painting of the chrome, to make the paint hold good. I think some sanding is needed and a good spray of promoter.

Painting the plastic is very easy. Follow the steps below and you should have no issues. You just need to make sure the surface is clean and prepped for adhesion.

1. Clean plastic housing with rubbing alcohol or a Pre-Cleano solvent.
2. Scuff plastic with a scotch-brite pad. I found a scuff pad to work the best because you can sand into the small crevasses.
3. Wipe surface clean with a clean rag and rubbing alcohol or Pre-Cleano solvent.
4. Lightly wipe surface with a tack cloth to catch any lint left behind.
5. Spray scuffed plastic with an adhesion promoter. I've used Bulldog, got it at Wal-mart for couple bucks. Let that sit for 3-5 minutes.
6. Lightly "mist" on your desired spray paint color. Let it sit for a couple minutes, then follow with another light coat. Light coats work the best at first. After a couple light coats, you can put on a good wet coat, but no too much... don't want any runs.
7. Let the paint dry/cure and then re-assemble.

These are steps I have used and they work great. These steps are really generic for spraying any plastic part. This is how I was taught at the bodyshop I worked for, but every body man may do things a little different.

Is there really no Walmart in Canadia? Or they don't carry bulldog? I'm sure we could get someone to hook you up from the states. (usa)

Nope Walmart is an international plague. Bulldog is not available in Canada unless i didn t find it but i went everywhere to try finding it with no success.

Back