Anybody with info on november and YTD sales of the cx-9??

Funny enough, I was just looking that up:

http://media.ford.com/mazda/article_display.cfm?article_id=27340&make_id=227

Basically:
2870 CX-9s in November, 22501 YTD.
3145 CX-9s in October

So numbers went down in November.

(as a side note, the GM Lambdas sold about 13,000 units in November, up slightly from 12,800 in October. I guess the public likes their cars big and trucky-looking...)

Thanks buddy!

Well, yes, numbers went down in november, but in fact, october numbers I believe were all time high, the first time they sold more than 3000 units in a month , so....

And yes, hahaha, sometimes people because of ignorance or bad taste doesnt choose the winner.... but thats good , life is about variety and choices.

Seems been Motor Trend's 2008 SUV of the Year isnt making the car fly off the lots, but still, as I have read, it has surpassed expectations from Mazda. (kissass)

I swear maybe a quarter of lambada sales are fleets, GM loves fleeting through the nose.
I did rent a CX-9 though, they had one, but several Acadia's.

Apples: Three different Lambda models - Outlook, Acadia, and Enclave
Oranges: One CX-9

Apples: Saturn dealerships, GMC dealerships, and Buick dealerships selling Lambda models.
Oranges: Only Mazda dealerships selling CX-9's.

Apples: Number of GM dealerships in small towns where people might see a Lambda and then decide to buy one.
Oranges: Number of Mazda dealerships in small towns period.

All in all, Mazda's CX-9 numbers are pretty darn impressive.

I saw a post in a different forum where it had been calculated that CX-9 sales were about 13% of Mazda sales. That's quite commendable for a new model. It's too bad sales went down in November (Lambdas were slightly up). I'm eager to see what the December numbers will look like since Mazda has had a chance to advertize the MT award.

Remains to be seen what the new Honda Pilot will offer when it comes out next year. It might eat away at Lambda and CX-9 sales if it happens to be bigger than the outgoing Pilot and borrow some sporty behavior of the new MDX.

I saw a post in a different forum where it had been calculated that CX-9 sales were about 13% of Mazda sales. That's quite commendable for a new model. It's too bad sales went down in November (Lambdas were slightly up). I'm eager to see what the December numbers will look like since Mazda has had a chance to advertize the MT award.

Remains to be seen what the new Honda Pilot will offer when it comes out next year. It might eat away at Lambda and CX-9 sales if it happens to be bigger than the outgoing Pilot and borrow some sporty behavior of the new MDX.

The new honda pilot from what I read in edmunds is gonna be very sporty and quite a head turner at least from the digital image shown from they are gonna take the design cues for this all new pilot, .....finally, cause the 08 pilot is so fugly boxy and boring.!!!!! (drive)(birthday)

Mazda set their all time sales record in Canada with 86,500 cars sold for the year. 2300 CX-9's and 4700 CX-7's. The Mazda 3 was again the number 2 selling car in the country with almost 50,000 units sold. Not to bad for a company Mazda's size in a country with only 30 million population.

When the new 6 and 3 come out in the fall sales should go though the roof!!!

The 6 and the 3 are the perfect cars for the Canadian market, since cars cost more as a rule (as does gas). Doesn't surprise me one bit that so few CX-9s were sold, the thing starts at $40k in Canada! Can you say, "RIP OFF!"

People in Canada tend to squeeze their families into smaller cars, and don't seem to mind. This will never happen here unless gas prices reach the $5 level.

Mazda set their all time sales record in Canada with 86,500 cars sold for the year. 2300 CX-9's and 4700 CX-7's. The Mazda 3 was again the number 2 selling car in the country with almost 50,000 units sold. Not to bad for a company Mazda's size in a country with only 30 million population.

When the new 6 and 3 come out in the fall sales should go though the roof!!!

Who is number one selling car? A corolla?

Yes, the new mazda 6 is so awesome.....but nonetheless, I guess will be under the shadow of accords and camrys and altimas on the sales chart.

A new 09 mazda 3? really? isnt 2010 model year the new generation?

Who is number one selling car? A corolla?

Yes, the new mazda 6 is so awesome.....but nonetheless, I guess will be under the shadow of accords and camrys and altimas on the sales chart.

A new 09 mazda 3? really? isnt 2010 model year the new generation?

The Civc is number one, around 60,000. The 3 could out sell the Civic but Mazda won't give Canada any more than 50,000. I guess they can only build so many with their current factory capacity and there's high demand everywhere for the 3. There actually would be higher 3 sales in a few country's if they could build more. My current information is that the NEW 6 goes into production in June and will hit dealer lots in August. Followed 2-3 months later by the NEW 3.

In Canada they have a 2008.5 model mazda 3 coming out in March with increased equipment on the GT's and a 2.0L engine model of the Hatchback. This is to keep the sales up because the new model will come in Nov or Dec not Aug-Sept.

Latest posts

Back