CX-9 Nav, Aux, DVD Question

goloves

There are several other posts that are similar to this, but I didn't see anything that answered this question specifically. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I recently purchased an '07 CX-9 Grand Touring with Nav, Satellite Radio and a DVD system. Like many others, I was very disappointed to discover that the presence of the satellite radio had disconnected the Aux jack for my .mp3 player (the aux jack is one of the main reasons I purchased a new car - I'm sick of using an FM transmitter!) and I didn't discover it until the purchase was complete. I purchased the car used.

I don't want to spend the money for the switchbox to make the aux port and the satellite both work because I don't care about satellite radio - I'll never use it. I called the dealership and asked them if they could disconnect the satellite and re-connect the aux port. They said that they could.

However, a question has since come up in my mind with respect to the DVD entertainment system. To play the sound from a DVD through the car speakers, I press the Media button on the Nav console, which I understand is also the button I would press to play .mp3s through the car speakers. I don't want to fix the aux port only to find that I can't play DVD audio through the car's speakers. I called the dealership and posed this question to them, and they "thought" it wouldn't be a problem. However, I don't want to go pay for this service only to discover when it's done that something else doesn't work. Do any of you have any experience with this?

I LOVE my CX-9, but I'm frustrated out of my mind with how kludgy all of the electronics seem to be!

Anyway, thanks in advance for your input!

You know that the satellite radio is free for the first 6 months, right? Personally, if Sirius is already installed, I'd pay the $120 for the switchbox so you have the ability to use Sirius for the life of the car if you choose.

Back