Christmas lights in the 5

5phreak

:
2007 5 Touring Whitewater Pearl
this weekend's project. looks great at night. I split a string of 50 lights and linked them with speaker wire. They run off an invertor plugged into the tailgate power supply.

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 265
this weekend's project. looks great at night. I split a string of 50 lights and linked them with speaker wire. They run off an invertor plugged into the tailgate power supply.

You're kidding........right?
I think in some parts of C'da those lights may be considered illegal....Make sure your local law enforcement don't stop and give you a ticket for Christmas.

phreak! ;)

Very creative setup I should say. Just be careful with the lights' reflection on the liftgate window at night (if it also has the same setup). It can be tricky as you may not see the real "objects" and other lights through the back mirror when approaching.

Cute but VERY dangerous for any mazda 5 with Side Air Bags or Curtins.

this is the best pic i could get. camera didn't want to focus. i can't even see these lights when i look in my rear view mirror because the interior plastics are so thick (deep). that is why i put them there. and screw any cop who wants to ticket me for them - i'll call him Scrooge.

DSCN0361.jpg

i've since refined the mounting by purchasing mini clear suction cups at Home Depot.

Last edited:
Definitely can't avoid seeing you on the road....BTW, what wheels are you running on the car, they look good.
All you need to do now is replace the antennea with an Angel or a Star to complete the effect.
Anthony

The wheels are Sport Edition E3 in anthracite. they have grown on me.

se_e3_adc_ci3_l.jpg

^ Me likes those spoke wheels (2thumbs), good choice

thanks. I only bought them cuz they were cheap ($106 ea) and seemed like a good winter wheel choice because they are a little darker in between the machined spokes.

thanks. I only bought them cuz they were cheap ($106 ea) and seemed like a good winter wheel choice because they are a little darker in between the machined spokes.

They look pretty good.....Are these the ones that fell and got scuffed on the concrete floor...I can see what you mean about the curvature of the spokes. But they look super for $106.....And they good good with the lights....hehehe.
Anthony

^^^ yup they are ones i dropped one of. i didn't do anything to fix the scuffed area. too lazy.

Back