torque steer power reduction turn off

tiegt

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 Sport
hey guys i found this on another site thought i should share

One of the things that bugged me about the MS3 was the 1st and 2nd gear power reduction. I recently read on another forum that there's a procedure for disabling it. It was the only mention I've seen of it.

Supposedly you hold down the traction control button for 3 seconds with the car turned off, start the car while continuing to hold the traction control button for another 3 seconds. If the "DCS OFF" and traction control lights are both on, it's disabled.

i didnt get it to work but might for others

07 ms3 sport

I tried that one time I think what you do is hold the button in for 3-5sec and the light will go off but this does not get rid of boost limit

There was some talk of holding the button for 10 seconds then nothing happens but the lights will not go off. I haven't tried it. The key start sequense just disables the "dsc" and "traction control" together.

It's all bs.... all you're really doing is confusing the computer by having the switch pressed when it boots up, it thinks there is something wrong so the indicator light comes on! There is no way to completely shot off DSC, short of ECU mods.

It's all bs.... all you're really doing is confusing the computer by having the switch pressed when it boots up, it thinks there is something wrong so the indicator light comes on! There is no way to completely shot off DSC, short of ECU mods.

OK then don't do it BUT the dsc and trac control are full off when both lights stay on. The ecu still holds boost at 10 in 1st and 2nd, BUT trac and dsc are off.

Back