No Retained Accessory for Radio?

Force-1

:
2008 CX-9
I have noted that when I turn off my CX-9, the radio also turns off; however, I'm still able to operate the windows and sunroof as long as a door has not been opened. I'm really surprised that there is no retained accessory that keeps the stereo on until I open a door. My other 3 vehicles do this, as well as several others I've owned.

Is my vehicle not working properly, or is this a Mazda oversight issue? I can't find any reference in the owner's manual. (argh)

I have noted that when I turn off my CX-9, the radio also turns off; however, I'm still able to operate the windows and sunroof as long as a door has not been opened. I'm really surprised that there is no retained accessory that keeps the stereo on until I open a door. My other 3 vehicles do this, as well as several others I've owned.

Is my vehicle not working properly, or is this a Mazda oversight issue? I can't find any reference in the owner's manual. (argh)

Not many cars do this. I have seen some VWs and some american cars.

My BMW does not do this, nor my other Mazda. My friends Mercedes does not do this either. It's a mixed bag and I guess would be a nicety to have.

Back