Hands Free Bluetooth stopped working

KRT-1

We have a 2007 CX-9 that we purchased in April. Since day one, both my mobile phone and her mobile phone have worked with the hand's free bluetooth wireless in the vehicle. Yesterday, the CX-9 stopped recognizing any bluetooth phones. I have tried everything on the phones, and pairing them again, but nothing works. The bluetooth connection is simply no longer showing up. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I have not disconnected the battery yet to see if it will reboot itself, for there are many numbers programmed in that we do not want to have to redo if we do not have to. Any suggestions?

A stupid question first: Any other bluetooth device (headset, other car?) in the area picking up the connection before the CX-9 could recognize it? If not...

Unless, the cable connector is loose only, I guess your dealer will replace your hands-free telephone unit. It's a standalone box behind the glove compartment, with one cable connector on its side. Few minutes of work if they have the part.

:) Thanks for the reply. No, there is no other bluetooth signals around. I have tried to fix it in different locations, still nothing.

I guess I will have to take it to the dealer next week to get fixed. I am not too happy about that. Unscheduled trips to the dealer really annoy me. I am sure they will be able to fix it, but they will also be well aware of my displeasure.

Dallas is far too large a city and far too many terrible drivers to have a phone to your ear. Bluetooth is very important.

Interesting,
My bluetooth button went out and I had to get it fixed (Great Switch Box Adventure).
It appears that the problem has reappeared and now the phone button doesn't work again.
The phone is recognized, but when I go to answer or place a call, the button doesn't do anything.

Back to the fricking dealer.....

Back