Dyno run baseline

VRMS6

:
2011 Kona Blue Ford Edge Sport
Went to MachV dyno day and got a baseline run on my VRMS6

besthpfy9.jpg

227hp and 264torque. Thats with the OEM BOV. With the TXS BOV I lost a bit of HP but its neglegable...

The TXS BOV is a hybrid partial recirc/atmospheric vent BOV... I was running it without any washers and as such the spring wasnt as stiff as it should have been. After the runs I added 4 washers and it seemed to perform better.

What octane where u running? What was the amb temp?

seems bit on low side..but than again these mazda's are notorious for putting lower #'s than mazda claims.

-C

idk about all that..i have heard of srt4's and evo's dynoing at or atleast close to the manufacturers claimed hp #'s.

i remember reading about a bunch of mazda rx8 owners getting a class action law suit agains mazda for flase hp # claims.

-C

idk about all that..i have heard of srt4's and evo's dynoing at or atleast close to the manufacturers claimed hp #'s.

i remember reading about a bunch of mazda rx8 owners getting a class action law suit agains mazda for flase hp # claims.

-C

thats because both of those cars are underrated from the factory so the people driving them have lower insurance premiums along with other reasons to keep the manufacturer out of trouble

What octane where u running? What was the amb temp?

seems bit on low side..but than again these mazda's are notorious for putting lower #'s than mazda claims.

-C

93 octane as recommended by Mazda.
It was about 45 degrees the day of the dyno run....
Remember this is at the wheels on a 4wd dyno as opposed to the crank where mfg published hp figures are published from. If you take into account driveline losses 227whp is within whats to be expected....

My point exactly. The guy posting above obviosly doesnt know the difference between mfg flywheel hp and acual WHP.

If your refering to me your mistaken. Look at the quote I posted.. The 202hp figure is stock WHP and the 271hp figure in quotes is stock crank HP...

If your refering to me your mistaken. Look at the quote I posted.. The 202hp figure is stock WHP and the 271hp figure in quotes is stock crank HP...
he was referring to acid. but you are both correct anyway. the rx8 buyers were offered a buy back because of the low hp numbers compared to what was advertised. but thats because a crank dyno showed much lower numbers on the production models too.

Back