Homelink Mirror Install Advice

I purchased the homelink mirror & sirius from my dealer when I bought my car a couple months ago. I brought it in to have the sirius installed and opted to install the mirror by myself as they wanted 900 for the install. When I picked up my car, the sirius wasnt installed but the mirror was. And of course it was the wrong damn mirror, it had just a compass.

So I picked up the correct mirror from the dealer, but it was just that....a new mirror. No wiring harness, documentation or anything. I thought I might get lucky and have a quick swap, only to find out the connectors are different and I am not sure why.

Can I use the existing harness or do I have to rip out the old harness that came with the compass-only mirror?

I dont mind buying a new harness that has the correct connector for the homelink version, I just want to avoid having to rip open the car and redo the wiring. Maybe clip the old connector off and add the new?

Any suggestions?

they screwed you.... the mirror REQUIRES a separate installation kit for it to work! the homelink uses a different kit/wiring than just the compass one...

first I'll demand to get the right s***... then I'll demand that they install the sirius for free since they ****** up TWICE

I am going to get the Home Link mirror for my new CX-9 too. My dealership will order it and the installation kit, matching the prices at Mazdagear.com (saves me about $80). They also quoted me 1 hour ($90) to install the mirror.

If I decide to order the Sirius kit they will also price match Mazdagear.com. Sitting on the fence as I prefer XM.

A few days ago I ordered the bug deflector, cargo net, and windshield cover from my dealership--this is when I discovered they will price match Mazdagear.com. Since there is no shipping charge it's cheaper to get this stuff through my dealer vs. Mazdagear.com.

Just installed the Homelink mirror in my 07 CX9. Took all of an hour. Yes you need the proper install kit with the mirror (with rain sensor or not). A little gotcha is I needed to mod the shoe a little that attaches the mirror to the windshield. All in all, nice add to an already nice SUV. Just my 2c.
Cheers
Steve

Just installed the Homelink mirror in my 07 CX9. Took all of an hour. Yes you need the proper install kit with the mirror (with rain sensor or not). A little gotcha is I needed to mod the shoe a little that attaches the mirror to the windshield. All in all, nice add to an already nice SUV. Just my 2c.
Cheers
Steve

Was this with or without the auto windshield wipers? I've read about problems with removing rain sensor. Im looking to do this but was hesitant after reading this thread.

Was this with or without the auto windshield wipers? I've read about problems with removing rain sensor. Im looking to do this but was hesitant after reading this thread.

I just followed the instructions provided with the unit. Everything came apart just like they said it would.
Cheers
Steve

Back