auto lock malfunction?

CX9buyer

To those owners with GT Cx9s with the smartkey. I had the autolock feature enable on my vehicle and lately when I close my doors that little confirmation beeps that the car does (to indicate that all doors are closes) is not happening. Since it doesnt happen then the auto lock does not lock the doors. My only remedy is to slam the doors firmly and then the beep happens, but I have to slam the doors 2 or 3 times for the confirmation beep to happen then I could walk away then the doors auto lock. Anyone having this issue, if so what is your fix?

Thanks ahead of time....

I have times where I have closed a rear door and it did not automatically lock when I walked away, but I haven't been able to figure out a pattern to it.
For the most part it locks rather quickly when I move away from the 9.

I noticed the pattern in my wife's CX-9 is as follows:
- close my driver door
- close the other door (rear passenger doors, either sides) after I unbuckle and drop my daughter
- walk towards where the sensors are, most likely my own driver door, since this is the closest
- beep
- walk away, beep beep and turn signal blinking, doors are auto-locked

There are times when I wouldn't get the first beep, in this case I'd have to open and close either the driver or passenger door (where the sensors are), but this does not happen often.

Back