How hard is it to change bulbs on M5?

Blue Swede

:
2008 Mazda 5, Sport Edition (European)
As the title says...

Thinking of replacing the orange signal bulbs to those "chromed" signal bulbs. Is it hard to reach them (front and rear)? Don't want to unscrew half the engine compartment to do it.

Also thinking of replacing the headlight bulbs to the Osram Silverstar bulbs with 50% more light.

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/Prof...VERSTAR/SILVERSTAR__50%_more_light/index.html

Haven't got my M5 yet so if anyone have som pictures it would be great!

Changing the turn signals CAN be a rather involved procedure, but it is worth it. You can reach the turn signal in the front by removing the lower apron from the front bumper and the wheel well, it is held in by push and turn plastic fasteners. If you can reach up inside the fender and grasp the bulb assembly and turn it counter clockwise until it pops loose. I personally couldn't get a good enough grip on the little bugger that way so I removed the entire headlight assembly. This requires removal of the front bumper which sounds really complicated but isn't. Do a search under "headlight removal" with my name and you should find it. Good luck!

If removing the headlight assembly is involved you should see the post on how to install the HID kit. Same thing basically, except you're not installing HID bulbs just turn signals....;)

Back