Can you turn off the "beep" from steering controls?

Lunger

:
CX-9
The beep everytime I change the volume or channel from the steering wheel controls is just plain annoying! Can I stop it from doing that?

Yes you can...

In section 6-28 and section 6-29 of the owner's manual they tell you how to do this. You'll need to use the audio control dial to turn the beep off. Press the center of the dial to cycle through the different functions. Once you get to the one that says "BEEP ON", turn the dial to the left until it says "BEEP OFF".

Good Luck!

The beep everytime I change the volume or channel from the steering wheel controls is just plain annoying! Can I stop it from doing that?

I see this is your first post. Welcome and don't be a stranger. This Mazda forum is full up to here.......no here, with great information and humor. We know more about your CX-9 than your dealer does. Always ask us or search for a problem you may have before contacting your dealer. Chances are, we've either been through it or we know about it and would be more than happy to educate you so you can go to the dealer knowing that you know more than they do. Mazdas are great cars, but their dealers aren't the best when it comes to being on the ball. Its not the cars fault.

We know more about your CX-9 than your dealer does.

I've allready found that out.

Yes you can...

In section 6-28 and section 6-29 of the owner's manual they tell you how to do this. You'll need to use the audio control dial to turn the beep off. Press the center of the dial to cycle through the different functions. Once you get to the one that says "BEEP ON", turn the dial to the left until it says "BEEP OFF".

Good Luck!

Thanks, I figured I had missed it in the manual.

OK, I have the navigation system and those instructions don't apply I guess. I looked in the nav booklet and didn't find any instructions on adjusting the "beep" volume there. Am I missing it?

OK, I have the navigation system and those instructions don't apply I guess. I looked in the nav booklet and didn't find any instructions on adjusting the "beep" volume there. Am I missing it?
See Page 17 and 46 of the '07 Navigation manual or the attachements.

beep 1.jpg beep 2.jpg

See Page 17 and 46 of the '07 Navigation manual or the attachements.

Thanks for the scans. The '08 manual is different. This silences the beep on the navigation menu but not the steering wheel controls.

Why does the navigation system have to complicate things (this, ipod use)?

After reconnecting my radio, the beep sound is back that I had switched off when I first got the car. I thought the beep setting in the nav options turns off the beep everywhere, but as the person above notes, it just turns off the beep for the nav features, not the steering wheel features. There must be another beep preference. Anyone remember where?

UPDATE:
Figured it out. I found the other preference.
For cars with NAV, hit audio so you see the presets, on the top hit display prefs, and there is a BEEP setting for radio. The other BEEP setting under NAV User Prefs turns off the beep just for NAV. This audio BEEP setting however turns off the beep for the radio and the NAV too.

Just to clarify Bill's instructions (since I was stymied for a few minutes) on the left side of the system hit the black AUDIO button then hit the black DISP button then hit the SETTINGS button on the touchscreen to access the master beep on the entire system. As Bill notes, this will disable BOTH the steering wheel beep from the use of audio controls AND the touchscreen beeps in the NAV system.

So you have three choices - 1) both audio and nav beeps, 2) no nav beeps but steering wheel audio beeps, or 3) no beeps. I must be a rare user as I would like the audio beep disabled on the wheel, but the nav beeps enabled. on the touchscreen That does NOT appear the be an option.

Back