Has anyone heard of this company?

tillyspeed81

Contributor
:
Mazda5
I was searching for suspensions when I came across these guys. Anyone heard of them? http://www.srmotorsports.com/Mazda5_Performance_Suspension_Parts.html

Also was looking at the new led tail lights, I might pick up a pair from Corksport when they get them in...found a close-up pic. I didn't like them at first but they're growing on me...think they'll go nice with a body kit and spoiler... I remember seeing a post with a bunch of kits and spoiler pics, how can I find it again? Or does anyone know of a site where I can view all the kits available for the MZ5?

Attachments

• Mazda5led2.jpg
    Mazda5led2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Mazda5led3.jpg
    Mazda5led3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 190
I've heard of them but never bought any items for the 5 from them I had bought stuff for my old P5 but can't remember which items they were...

SR Motorsports is generally good products, had some RX7 parts from them back in the day. So with pulleys, intake, and exhaust one could gain 40hp... $50ish/hp

I just happened on their website this evening and searched here to see if someone knew anything about or had installed their 5 spring kit. They don't have a kit for the 3 listed, so it would appear it's designed specifically for the 5, which would be great and the drop is *only* about an inch, which would be the absolute max I'd want. With the HR kit being 1.4/1.3 that's just too much for me. Sounds promising in any case, but looking for a little more cred on here before I get in to it.

Well i have a set of their adj cam gears i bougbt elsewhere and i bought the pulley set back in November still waiting on my main pulley i keep calling they just say its on back order its waiting on the plating its kind of a pita its been almost 5mo since i ordered my only advice is to make sure its in stock or how long the wait time would be. Had i known it was gonna take 5mo to get my s*** i would have kept the cash and bought it later on when they were in stock. When i boight them the rep said it would be shipped at the end of the that week, well still no pulley.

Not cool. Especially if they charged you. It's one thing to put on a special order, but five months... You shouldn't have been charged anything yet.

Yeah i actually called today to check and same thing apparently they are made but supposedly the plating company they use is taking their sweet ass time. So they say! Only reason i paid was because i was under the impression they were gonna be shipped in a few days had i known it was gonna take this long i wouldnt have bought them and just seen about having some made. Ive received the other 2 just waiting on the main pulley. Maybe if i keep calling enough they will get tired and and grow some balls and get on the plating company because this is ridiculious. When i bought them i wasent gonna install them but now its a different story im looking to get my motor back in and dont want to put my motor in and then have fun installing the pully after. So well see how it goes. I should have done it earlier but next time i call im gonna speak to someone in charge see if it does anything

Well i called last week they said the parts are in and being shipped but the guy in charge of it would call me back. so i wait..........................................................................................................................................got tired of waiting so i called yesterday told the girl i never got a call back and she would process my order if there was any issues they would call me back so if all goes well my pulley should be getting shipped very soon im gonna call back on tuesday just to just to confirm but thats what i got so far.

I had called a few times since the last time posted and the guy kept telling me the same thing still waiting and well call when they arrive....huh yeah right apparently they arrived and i got no call so its a good thing i called but ill keep yall posted on if they did or didnt ship it

ok well finally i bought the pulley set back in November and 7 months later its finally gonna be shipped. They just called me and i just got off the phone with them so it should be here next week its shipping today she said 3-4 days so by end of next week i get it.

So word of advice if your thinking about buying a part ask if its in stock and if its not try and get an accurate date so your not waiting 7 months for a part. I will never buy from them again this experience is one i never want to go through again the worst customer service ever but i finally get my part so the build will continue

Awesome, glad it worked out for you. Is this both undersized and underweight and what is difference? Do you need new belts? I had UDP on my previous car but wouldn’t do it again considering the cost to benefit ratio, but that’s just me.

Keep us posted on how you like it and if possible post the part numbers + accessories and prices for future reference in case anyone else looks into this.

Last edited:
no its just lightweight so i can use the same belts

But the ****** up thing is i just realized they charged me shipping twice once for the first 2 pulleys then once for this one. When i paid originally the total price was including shipping i was refunded $140 for the last pulley since they didnt ship it. So when they called me and told me i had to pay again for the last pully i was like ok im assuming it was gonna be the $140 and that would be it...NO they charged me $16 extra to ship the last pulley.

So i call right now and the guys telling me well you were charged for the shipping I told him thats bull s*** the way i see it is i paid the original price which included shipping for all 3 pulleys. You guys ****** up and took my order telling me it would be at my house in a week 2 weeks later no pulley no phone call nothing, I had to call and figure out what the hell was up. Then i had to wait for 7 months for a back ordered pulley then when its ready i exact to pay the $140 you refunded to me since thats what it cost if it had shipped originally, now your telling me that its not included and that i have to pay for it **** you, had me waiting for 7 months the least you could do was cover the damm shipping or something s***. So im gonna call tomorrow and speak to the lady who ships the s*** and see if i can get my shipping back because thats ****** up.

Then the bastard has the nerve to tell me that hell get me a lable to ship them back if im not happy i was ready to go off on him and tell him what i really thought about his mother but ill save that for after they tell me NO.

SO NOW I HAVE OFFICIALLY SAID **** SR MOTORSPORTS AND THEIR BULL s*** I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN AND I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE BUYING EITHER BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SO LETS SEE IF THEY MAKE IT UP TO ME OR TELL ME IM SCREWED EITHER WAY IM DONE WITH THEM. SAD PART IS THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO HAD THE PARTS FOR MY CAR

Last edited:
Well forget it im done talking with them no point in calling anymore its not worth the aggrivation or the stress. Ive vented and now im done so this was my experience so take warning before you buy from them is all i gotta say

Back