Break in period... how many miles?

Do they say anything about how the cx9 should be broken in ?

I got mying with 240 miles on it, and just rolled 1k. Who knows what heavy footed test drivers or how many it had before I got it -- let alone what sort of nuturing it got in its early days.

P.

How can u tell if your car has been properly broke in???? What happens if the manual says that u dont have to pass 80mph and u went twice around 90mph for a few seconds before ending the break in period.....

An improper break-in usually leads to oil consumption throughout the life of the car. But unless you're a maniac, or some other maniac drove it before you, don't worry about it. Break-in of modern engines is hard to mess up. It pretty much takes care of itself. Your 90mph excursion likely made no difference.

An improper break-in usually leads to oil consumption throughout the life of the car. But unless you're a maniac, or some other maniac drove it before you, don't worry about it. Break-in of modern engines is hard to mess up. It pretty much takes care of itself. Your 90mph excursion likely made no difference.

Cool. :)

Interesting reading. He claims there's a very small window of opportunity to get the rings to seal really well ... the first 20 miles!! At the time of delivery almost 80 km was in my car, so I lost this window of opportunity...

I did have the car with 5kms , and knew about that article, but still, since I never got access to how the most important questions were responded, cause I didnt pay, I chose to break in the car how the manual and the manufacturer recommends. (boobs) I feel alright about it.

I got my car at 7 Kms. But I'm not comfortable with this engine break technique. I'm planning to follow the manual.

Latest posts

Back