Does anyone know how to remove passanger door pannel on 06' MS6?

skiski81

:
Mazda, Speed6
Could anyone advise me on how to remove the door pannel on a 06' MS6. I need to access the door speaker because something came loose and anytime I turn up the volume on the radio it buzzes and it is very anoying!!!!!

I removed the 2 screws (1 behind the door handle and 1 by the curtosy light. I am able to pop out the bottom half of the door but not the top half. I have a feeling the tweeter speaker cover has to be removed. I dont know how. I dont want to break it trying to pry it off.

Could anyone guide me through removing the rest of the door pannel! I would appriciate any help. Thanks.

It's been awhile since I had mine off, but it sounds like you've got all the screws out from what I can remember. The tweeter housing just pops right off, I just took a good hold with my finger and off it came. Two screws behind the handle and one where the lever is. After you take out the screw with the lever that housing comes out. Nothing else is holding the panel on besides the "tree pegs" . My only other suggestion is to put your purse down.

My only other suggestion is to put your purse down.

That's funny, gave me a good chuckle on a morning that I'm tired as hell on. But I feel his pain. When I was popping my center console off to install my shifter, I was ultra paranoid of breaking something. I must have checked 20 times to make sure there weren't any screws attached somewhere, even after reading the "how to" and knowing there weren't.

Did you pop off the carbon-look strip from the handle? There's a screw or 2 there iirc.

LBV is right,carefully pull off the painted plastic piece on the handle (the part you use to pull the door closed), there are 2 screws behind there.

I don't remember or think theres a screw my the courtesy light buddy...?

My rear door panels have been off for 4 months, its pretty sad. Stupid project I thought I could do, I don't wanna talk about it now lol.

Back