Engine Computer Upgrade

gabagooo

I just had the 15000 mile service done. When I was cashing out, the Service Tech told me that my engines computer revived two programming upgrades. He said that Mazda continually seeks ways to enhance the performance of its engines. It didnt cost me anything and I must say, the car does seem to have more pep. Has anyone had the same procedure done on their 5?

They cleaned the fuel injectors, did a multipoint inspection and chaned the oil. The cumputer upgrades were done at no cost.

Code

Okay, I finally found the receipt form the dealership. This is what the printout says:

Reprogram PCM per bulln 01-001/06
Cause: WM4
COM COMMENT
238 WM4

Any thoughts on what was done excactly? Anyone else had this done to their 5?

Bulletin was superceded by 01-041/07 (Some vehicles may experience the MIL illumination with DTC P0128 (Coolant Thermostat Stuck Open) stored
in memory without any problem on the ECT sensor and the IAT sensor. For example, this symptom may happen
when driving after 1 to 1-1/2 minutes of idling with the heater and defroster ON after a cold start in cold conditions
about 1 C (33-35 F). This condition may be caused by improper PCM calibration.)

I doubt it changed anything in regards to how the car drives/feels.

They probably wanted to make it sound like they were giving you a big upgrade to their cost so you always go back there....(cryhard)

If there was a needed upgrade someone here would have known about it. And if
Benfolio doesn't know anything about it, I'll have to agree with maple_leaf.

They probably wanted to make it sound like they were giving you a big upgrade to their cost so you always go back there....(cryhard)

Hell yeah. They want him to keep coming back every 15k to pay for the profitable fuel injection cleanings he doesn't need.... They are gonna nail you for a trans and coolant flush at 30k too...

Why in the hell can't these dealers recommend services I might actually need. Don't recommend to me a trans flush at 20k miles. How about offer an alignment check, rotate and balance, car wash, etc... I'll buy services from you but only stuff that I need. Recommend crap to me that is only beneficial to your bottom line and you don't get anything but warranty work from me....

My thought is, after reading some of the respones, was that buy doing TSB work that they could then bill Mazda. The shop at the dealer is always empty and they don't seem to sell many cars. As for me going back, well, not likely as I have moved six hours away. I was in town for another matter and took the car in becasue it was convenient. I must say, that I have alway been happy with the dealer and feel that they do good work. But, I'd love it if a dealer washed my car when they complete a service.

PCM refashe

Okay, I finally found the receipt form the dealership. This is what the printout says:

Reprogram PCM per bulln 01-001/06
Cause: WM4
COM COMMENT
238 WM4

Any thoughts on what was done excactly? Anyone else had this done to their 5?

We had the engine light come on over the weekend. We took it in to the dealer and they reflashed the Powertrain control module.

The details are:

Cause: 9W
F0010XfX PCM reflashing 162
CC:6X
FC: F0010XFX

Coolant thermostat inaccurate reading reprogrammed PCM

Is there anything out to upgrade ecm for the 2.3 mazda5 or 3 that would cross-over.I'm planning on a cai & exhaust.thanks 4 the help

Hell yeah. They want him to keep coming back every 15k to pay for the profitable fuel injection cleanings he doesn't need.... They are gonna nail you for a trans and coolant flush at 30k too...

Why in the hell can't these dealers recommend services I might actually need. Don't recommend to me a trans flush at 20k miles. How about offer an alignment check, rotate and balance, car wash, etc... I'll buy services from you but only stuff that I need. Recommend crap to me that is only beneficial to your bottom line and you don't get anything but warranty work from me....

Exactly!

You're trying to tell me that the dealer knows more about the car's needs than the people that designed/built it???

I really get offended when I go in and they try to over sell service. I break out the owner's manual and say "gee, where does it say I need that?".

It's not just Mazda, but every dealer out there....

Is there anything out to upgrade ecm for the 2.3 mazda5 or 3 that would cross-over.I'm planning on a cai & exhaust.thanks 4 the help

This is typically reserved for the turbo'd cars. I called a few places about an upgrade (non-turbo 3 or 5)... no luck.

Back