Tein S-Tech springs on Mazda5?

SkidMark

:
2007 Mazda 5 Touring
Sup peoples... I'm a new owner of a 2007 Whitewater Pearl Mazda5 Touring. I just picked it up last Friday and have been doing some research for upgrades. First on the list was tint... 35% fronts and 5% rear. Also, 35% tint on the tail lights.
Just this afternoon I installed some Tein S-Tech springs for a 2004 - up Mazda3. From what I have measured, it dropped my ride almost 2.5" up front. I opted to go with these springs because I like to ride low with a slight rake and H&Rs weren't doing it for me. It was either the S-Techs or Eibach Sportlines but I did not like how the rears sagged. Even more so if I pack the ride with my family.
Well, let me know what you think... peace!

CIMG2715Large.jpg

CIMG2721Large.jpg

CIMG2720Large.jpg

CIMG2717Large.jpg

You guys in California love Mazda5s, huh? ;)

Welcome, and nice mods (2thumbs)

You guys in California love Mazda5s, huh? ;)

Welcome, and nice mods (2thumbs)

Well, we had a Scion xB, then a Honda Odyssey. This is a nice medium. Scion was coo but didn't have any power or room. The Odyssey was nice, had lots of power but then went the gas. The 5 is the middle with okay power and enough room for me and the fam.

Welcome SkidMark!!
Nice 5,nice set-up. We too came from an Ody but the gas crunch was bad for us.
I'll keep an eye out for your 5 is I'm ever in the SanJo area. ;)

Welcome SkidMark!!
Nice 5,nice set-up. We too came from an Ody but the gas crunch was bad for us.
I'll keep an eye out for your 5 is I'm ever in the SanJo area. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome Hachiroku... oh wait, is this OdyClub? hehe!

thats a good looking 5. how is the ride quality with it that low on stock struts?

The ride is pretty decent for being this low. It definitely rides like its lowered but its not harsh at all. We'll see how it is in a month after all is settled. I'm thinking it may drop an additional 1/4 to 1/2 inch after breaking in. For now, I can clear speed bumps and driveways (at an angle) with no problems.

Niceeeeee....I like the look.
How is your rear camber affected with these springs?
I installed the H&Rs about a year back and has some serious rear camber issues shorthly after the springs settled in...I ended up having to install the Mazdaspeed camber adjustment plates to bring the rear wheels back into place.
Your Tiens have dropped the '5' lower than the H&Rs. Lemme know what it's like after they get a chance to settle in.
One other issue I had with the lowered ride is that there is some creaking from the front end. The dealer says that it's the strut tower mounts and they don't want to replace under warranty because I've lowered the car. It's more apparent when the suspension is cold.

Anthony

Attachments

• IMGP2244.JPG
    IMGP2244.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 1,360
Thanks for the comments folks...

The rears do have a bit of negative camber but it doesn't bother me. Hopefully toe isn't out of wack. At least since it's negative in the rear then I can try to run a more aggressive offset wheel with a decent width and a nice stretch on the tires to clear the fenders. As it is right now, I have slightly more than one finger worth of space between the tire and fender (and that's with my finger pointing up). Zero rubbing issues... even with the fams in the car. Slight rake with no passengers... dead even front/rear with passengers.

Hey, in the market for some springs and am debating the low Tien option versus the H&R setup. Are you still running them? Any trouble so for? thanks

ANy probs with the mazda3 springs? Does the weight difference affect the ride at all?

90% of the people who lower their cars, do so for looks and not performance (lowered automatics anyone?).

I'd also venture to guess that less than 5% of Mazda5 owners actually push their car's to the point that the MZ3 vs MZ5 springs would be noticable.

Where this would most likely be noticed is when the MZ5 is loaded with people and the rear gets soft. Drive slow and it still won't be much of an issue. But if you try to show off your new suspension, it might get you into trouble.

Hey, in the market for some springs and am debating the low Tien option versus the H&R setup. Are you still running them? Any trouble so for? thanks

Hello - I'd like to know the same thing. The drop looks PERFECT. Any issues since this post?

Back