Atp Bcd?

Rican219

:
MazdaSpeed 6
My mods are 3in TBE, 3.5 TMIC, Motor Mount, Short Shifter, CAI, HKS BOV, No EMS.

I hit boost cut alot...... My question is I just bought the ATP BCD from the forsale thread. If I install it and leave my boost level alone (stock) is there a chance I will still over boost?
I spike at about 22 psi and usually settle around 17 to 18 PSI sometimes a lil more hence the boost cut.

Should I get a MBC and set it at 17 psi and leave it alone or what should I do?
I know there are a few out the that have this setup. Give me some info.
(help)

My mods are 3in TBE, 3.5 TMIC, Motor Mount, Short Shifter, CAI, HKS BOV, No EMS.

I hit boost cut alot...... My question is I just bought the ATP BCD from the forsale thread. If I install it and leave my boost level alone (stock) is there a chance I will still over boost?
I spike at about 22 psi and usually settle around 17 to 18 PSI sometimes a lil more hence the boost cut.

Should I get a MBC and set it at 17 psi and leave it alone or what should I do?
I know there are a few out the that have this setup. Give me some info.
(help)

I don't have the other mods that you have. I do have the BCD and a electronic boost controller. My advice would be to get some sort of quality boost controller. It gives you peice of mind while letting you regulate levels. I have the wideband guage on the way also.

id say with a good boost controller like the forge motorsport one and a boost guage you should be fine.

just finished installing my ATP BCD. I also have the AEM Tru Boost Controller. Amazing....all I can say is wow. Best mod per dollar spent...I raised the boost to 17 and it stays right around there pretty consistenly only spiking to 18.5. I know others have raised the boost to 18 and have spiked at 19-20 and have had no problems. I figured I'd start off moderately conservative. My other mods are HKS BOV, CP E CAI and AWR Motor Mount (88 durometer).

the kid who was gonna pick it up had some kind of track day today so he couldnt come get it. he said he wants it, but saying and paying or two differnt things

just finished installing my ATP BCD. I also have the AEM Tru Boost Controller. Amazing....all I can say is wow. Best mod per dollar spent...I raised the boost to 17 and it stays right around there pretty consistenly only spiking to 18.5. I know others have raised the boost to 18 and have spiked at 19-20 and have had no problems. I figured I'd start off moderately conservative. My other mods are HKS BOV, CP E CAI and AWR Motor Mount (88 durometer).

Does anyone know what levels would be best for max performance on almost stock level set up? As I said in my post, I'm boosting up to 17 and have spiked at about 19. Do I have any room to raise? Perhaps up the boost to 18 and spike at 20? Or, is where I'm at right now the best place to keep it at? Anyone with a similar set up? Thanks.

Back