Chrome door sills

maple_leaf

:
Mazda 6, 4i - Manual
What do you guys think of those? They're from Carfield on Ebay....

06b0_1.jpg

They're 8 bucks but they charge 50$ for shipping. Think it's worth it??

I can't see the picture, but have an idea what you're talking about. I prefer stainless / brushed aluminum to chrome.

What do you guys think of those? They're from Carfield on Ebay....

06b0_1.jpg

They're 8 bucks but they charge 50$ for shipping. Think it's worth it??

I have a set of the brushed aluminium at home....I was supposed to install them this summer but the tape would not hold. I'm looking around for some better tape or may even resort to gluing them in place. This will have to wait 'til next summer though. I think they are a worthy upgrade considering the price.
Anthony

I have a set of the brushed aluminium at home....I was supposed to install them this summer but the tape would not hold. I'm looking around for some better tape or may even resort to gluing them in place. This will have to wait 'til next summer though. I think they are a worthy upgrade considering the price.
Anthony

So, they're taped? I thought it instaled as a "click-in" like the OEM....That sucks. I don't I'll order them in that case....Don't know why the picture won't wrok...
06b0_1.jpg

So, they're taped? I thought it instaled as a "click-in" like the OEM....That sucks. I don't I'll order them in that case....Don't know why the picture won't wrok...
06b0_1.jpg

The ones I ordered came with some very narrow 3M tape on the backside. However since the OE door sill is made of a smoothish plastic this tape wasn't holding properly. I've been meaning to get a roll of wider 3M double-sided tape, but never got around to it this year. Hopefully I can get the time next year to do this because these sills are quite nice.
Anthony

The ones I ordered came with some very narrow 3M tape on the backside. However since the OE door sill is made of a smoothish plastic this tape wasn't holding properly. I've been meaning to get a roll of wider 3M double-sided tape, but never got around to it this year. Hopefully I can get the time next year to do this because these sills are quite nice.
Anthony

Personally, I'd prefer sills that replace the original ones...not just "stick-over"...

Back