Fujita CAI

maple_leaf

:
Mazda 6, 4i - Manual
Hey, just bought a Fujita CAI off f5air.com...Has anyone installed that CAI on here? Any remarks?

Hey, just bought a Fujita CAI off f5air.com...Has anyone installed that CAI on here? Any remarks?

I've been running one since Feb this year with no complaints.

Nice tidy install, the product is not very visible under the hood and the filter sits down behind the front bumper.

In terms of power gain, I would have to say that if there was any I haven't noticed it. The car is actually slower off the line as far as I'm concerned.

The sound under heavy acceleration is music to my ears, but it does become a bit tired after a while. I'm actually thinking of taking off my CAI before Winter and going back to the stock air box with a K&N filter element.

Anthony

hmmm.....(hand) I hope it won't get on my nerves. I hate loud sounds! I hope it's a nice growl and not a loud ricey one...(nervous)

hmmm.....(hand) I hope it won't get on my nerves. I hate loud sounds! I hope it's a nice growl and not a loud ricey one...(nervous)

Don't mean to depress you but it's a loud ricey noise......Having said that it's funny to see people's face when you kickdown (mine's an AT) from 2nd to 1st and take it up to the redline....It's like....Did that 'minivan' just do that????

Last edited:
I like the growl of my K&N CAI with the 5-speed. I don't hear it under constant load.

I almost went for the AEM...I like those but I felt like trying something new. Hey, whatever...if ever it gets too annoying, it'll be on Ebay very soon. And then I'll get the AEM.

Although, if it only really growls in the high rpm's, I don't mind that.

I almost went for the AEM...I like those but I felt like trying something new. Hey, whatever...if ever it gets too annoying, it'll be on Ebay very soon. And then I'll get the AEM.

Although, if it only really growls in the high rpm's, I don't mind that.

Yeah, the loud CAI growl only comes at wide open trottle, under steady highway speeds it's pretty tolerable.
Anthony

I finally received it today....Looks great and can't wait to install it.

I wanted to know if anyone has had any problems as far as snow or water being ingested and causing some sort of malfunction???

I recently installed the Mazdaspeed MZ3 intake. I chose this one mainly for it's CARB sticker.

At first it felt sluggish off the line. But I think the computer has remapped itself and/or I have readjusted my driving style.

With this and my suspension upgrades, it's now a different vehicle. Much more fun.

This CAI (I think it's made by AEM?) does make a growling sound at WOT, but I think it's sounds more like a sports car than a rice rocket. And I find myself on WOT much more!

I have an exhaust on back order from SRMotorsports. Once that's installed I expect I will eventually install a short shift to complete it's transformation from 'PEOPLE mover' to 'people MOVER'.

Anyone with bad "snow-water" experiences?

Yeah, you have to bear this in mind when there is a Spring thaw.
Last Spring I had to do some creative driving to get around some flooded streets in Calgary. No problems to-date.
Anthony

(mj) Thanks for the link. I didn't even know SR Motorsports made stuff for the 5. I've been looking around like crazy trying to find a short shifter and a cat-back....WOOHOO! (mj)
I recently installed the Mazdaspeed MZ3 intake. I chose this one mainly for it's CARB sticker.

At first it felt sluggish off the line. But I think the computer has remapped itself and/or I have readjusted my driving style.

With this and my suspension upgrades, it's now a different vehicle. Much more fun.

This CAI (I think it's made by AEM?) does make a growling sound at WOT, but I think it's sounds more like a sports car than a rice rocket. And I find myself on WOT much more!

I have an exhaust on back order from SRMotorsports. Once that's installed I expect I will eventually install a short shift to complete it's transformation from 'PEOPLE mover' to 'people MOVER'.

i've got a Fujita Intake, Thunder Header and a re-worked factory exhaust from the Mazdaspeed3. Thier systems are 2.5 inch from day one so it was a nice upgrade. I would have to say that exhaust made the most difference in terms of "butt dyno". Any N/A gains will rob you at least somewhat of low end power and net you alot more top end or mid range grunt. To me the car pulls better to redline and makes a thunderous roar. I would not recommend full header and exhaust for most people who own this car. Its rad, believe me, to have your 5 sound like a race car, but day in and day out your passengers will hate you :) Plus you will spit fireballs from time to time.

to get back some of the low end power lost i'm going to eventually toss some pulleys on the engine and see what that does for me.

Could you perhaps net some low end power gain by adding back-pressure, ie, a more restrictive muffler? I hear you on the full exhaust system noise. I had a complete system on my last car and it was awesome, except for the noise, which could really wear on your nerves.

Back