Oil Change

I did mine about a month ago. The parts guy couldn't tell me the correct torque, so I did it kinda like CX9 SportOwner. He did tell me that the plug does not need to be replaced at each oil change, which was my first thought, since it's got the rubber gasket.

I am always leary of aluminum oil pans as I hear the horror stories of stripping them. I am one of those types who doesn't like crawling under a car with a torque wrench. Anyways, I think I am gonna pick me up a Fumuto valve for this so I don't have to worry about it. I put one on my other car and I love it. Also, less mess if you get it with the nipple. If anyone's interested, you can see them here:

http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/

Also, code "YM4" gets you 10% off.

Did you get a part number for both manuals?
Cheers
Steve

2007 CX-9 Wiring Diagram: 9999-95-009G-07
2007 CX-9 Workshop Manual: 9999-95-003B-07
2007 CX-9 Service Highlights: 9999-95-001F-07
2007 CX-9 Automatic Transaxle and Transfer Workshop Manual AW6A-EL AW6AX-EL: 9999-95-0AW6-07
2007 CX-9 Bodyshop Manual: 9999-95-007F-07

I just changed my oil and put in Mobile 1 full synthetic 5w-20. It sure is nice not to have to drive the car up on ramps to change the oil. Who needs a torque wrench? Tighten the bolt to stop and give it < 1/4 of a turn and it's good to go.

I was looking to change my oil this weekend or next with about 1200 miles now on the odo.

Can you guys confirm a few things for me on the fly?

- What filter and part number did you use?
- Was the car synthetic oil to begin with or dino oil?
- Can you just slide under the car drain the oil w/o jacks or ramps?
- Can you easily reach the filter from top or bottom?
- Do you need a filter wrench of some sort or can you get your hand around the filter?
- Is there a washer that needs to be changed each time?

Thanks in advance...

- ZoomFive

I was looking to change my oil this weekend or next with about 1200 miles now on the odo.

Can you guys confirm a few things for me on the fly?

- What filter and part number did you use?
- Was the car synthetic oil to begin with or dino oil?
- Can you just slide under the car drain the oil w/o jacks or ramps?
- Can you easily reach the filter from top or bottom?
- Do you need a filter wrench of some sort or can you get your hand around the filter?
- Is there a washer that needs to be changed each time?

Thanks in advance...

- ZoomFive

Anyone?

Well I might be able to help some.

- I bought a fram filter, not sure which part num. K&N makes a filter too.
- Not sure of the org oil makeup, but I put mobile 1 synthetic in mine.
- Yes I slid underneath and changed my oil.
- the filter is easy to reach from below, unlike my old VW.
- I used a strap wrench to loosten it because mine was on a bit tight.
- no washer change as it is a canister replace, not a paper filter.

Well I might be able to help some.

- I bought a fram filter, not sure which part num. K&N makes a filter too.
- Not sure of the org oil makeup, but I put mobile 1 synthetic in mine.
- Yes I slid underneath and changed my oil.
- the filter is easy to reach from below, unlike my old VW.
- I used a strap wrench to loosten it because mine was on a bit tight.
- no washer change as it is a canister replace, not a paper filter.

Nice. Thanks for the info.

Was there a washer on the drain plug? On my old mazda P5, there was a metal crush washer on the drain plug that needed to be replaced periodically.

I changed mine at about 1,000 miles a few months ago. The factory drain plug had a substantial rubber washer on the plug. It looks like it should be good for several oil changes, maybe even for life of the vehicle. Prior to the oil change I purchased a filter and a drain plug washer from the dealer. The installed factory filter was slightly different than the new one from the dealer. The factory installed filter had no part number on it, and the washer the dealer provided was a metal one, which was obviously incorrect. This made me question the filter the dealer provided. An internet search revealed that the new filter had the correct part number.

I changed mine at about 1,000 miles a few months ago. The factory drain plug had a substantial rubber washer on the plug. It looks like it should be good for several oil changes, maybe even for life of the vehicle. Prior to the oil change I purchased a filter and a drain plug washer from the dealer. The installed factory filter was slightly different than the new one from the dealer. The factory installed filter had no part number on it, and the washer the dealer provided was a metal one, which was obviously incorrect. This made me question the filter the dealer provided. An internet search revealed that the new filter had the correct part number.

The part number I see on the internet is YF09-14-302A.

You can also use a Motorcraft FL400S - it's the same filter that comes on the vehicle from the factory.

Ted

Back