When you pick up your new CX9, make sure...

jrhos

I have a list of these to check when I pick up my CX9 based on reading a lot of forums - please add to the list.

(1) Make sure they program the auto lock (doors lock when 30ft or so away) if you want it on - default is off

(3) Make sure you get the FULL navigation system manual, not just the "getting started" guide

(3) Make sure they top off the fluid levels - they ship them a little low? (and use the right transmission fluid)

(4) Get the full owners manual and back-up camera manual if applicable

What else?

I'll add one on the Nav system.

Have them set the area for your part of the country. This is easily done by yourself but if your not used to Nav systems, it can seem a bit odd when local city's do not show up. The dealer should do this as part of their prep. My was set for the mid-Atlantic and I live in the SE.

Quick FYI - If the battery is disconnected, the Nav system area reverts back to its default.

Make Sure Both Keys Work

My second key didn't work either electronically or physically. Had to return it to the dealer for new one.

Also dealer fitted (but didn't charge for) wheel nut locks without telling me. Took me ages to find "key", wish I had known at point of delivery so I could have asked where it was hidden.

I have to second the auto-lock programming. I only realized after I picked up, when I returned it for the programming, my dealer charged $20 for it. So it's worth to know this and get it done beforehand.

My dealer also provided wheel lock with no separate charge (meaning I don't see it anywhere), the key comes tied to two big pieces of papers on how to use and how to get a replacement (send money to somewhere etc). I could never have missed it since it's so stick up it's an eyesore.

Finally an owner

Picked up an 08 GT Galaxy Gray with Black interior, Assist, Moon/Bose, Compass, roof rails (installed by dealer). Dealer got the car from somebody else and it had a very slight ding above the wheel that they will fix (I wouldn't have noticed it). Out the door price including everything was 38,464 - I got the Splan minus $500 pricing.

There were no marks on the wheels, they had programmed the autolock for me, and I did get all manuals. I skipped the "polyshield" they were offering - has anybody bought that?

They had programmed my home address in the nav, but it had a destination with a slightly wrong address (7192 vs. 7029) on my way home. I'm wondering if I or the salesman accidentally hit the screen at some point and slightly changed my destination somehow. I'll check that tonight.

The drive home was very rainy, which made my wife drive very slow in her car, so I couldn't "play" a whole lot driving. Just enjoyed the Bose system and rain sensing wipers for now.

I am not sure if it is an issue with the CX-9 but check the tire pressure. On my MX-5 the tires were at max pressure (51 lbs) and should have been at the normal rating of 29 lbs. The factory fills the tires at max pressure during shipment to keep the tires from getting flat spots. So you may want to verify the tires are at the recommeded pressure not the max pressure when you take delivery.

There is a separate manual for the remote start too, if you have it, explains well how when started with the remote, what features are temporarily disabled on the smart key.......also make sure you get the small metal KeyCode tag to put in a safe place.

That's strange.. my tire pressure is 34 psi..

The recommended tire pressure on the MX-5 is 29 lbs. I just wanted to let everyone know that they should make sure they check their vehicle's tires are at the correct pressure whatever that setting may be.

I am not sure if it is an issue with the CX-9 but check the tire pressure. On my MX-5 the tires were at max pressure (51 lbs) and should have been at the normal rating of 29 lbs. The factory fills the tires at max pressure during shipment to keep the tires from getting flat spots. So you may want to verify the tires are at the recommeded pressure not the max pressure when you take delivery.

My CX-9 was at 42 on all four, so I adjusted to 34. I checked the the dealer service sheet and they checked off that they adjusted the tire pressure, but they didn't actually do it. Makes me wonder what else did they didn't do.

Back