Known issues?

fraochdha

I'm looking to buy a cx-9 and am curious if there are any known issues that are re-accuring with the cx-9?

anyone?

thanks

P.

We got a bulletin telling us to take the car in and have the front door stops replaced. The dealer did it promptly and with no problems. Little thing but Mazda owned up and took care of it.

On our 99 CR-V, Honda chose to NOT tell owners about needing a simple valve adjustment sooner than recommended in the servicew schedule and after the issue damaged the engine they made all but the most saavy owners pay for the major repairs out of their own pockets. ($1000 +) Thus, we will never buy another Honda. We were so glad the CX-9 came along when it did. WHEW.

By the way, if you ram the end of an 8ft, 4" round fence rail into the third row seat belt storage clips, they break.

By the way, if you ram the end of an 8ft, 4" round fence rail into the third row seat belt storage clips, they break.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I'll make certain that I'll try and get the 8ft, 4" round fence rail with the padded end ;)

P.

And that is cool that Mazda just stepped up like that. Honda does kinda suck in that regards. I've a Honday Oddy, and they've been anything but stellar about the work needed or done-- and that's at 2 different dealerships. Hence my desire to change brands and go Mazda.

The only reason I knew it was a known problem with our CR-V was by reading the cars codes myself and then researching them online. I then found an internal Honda to dealer bulletin describing the problem, but Honda gave the dealers the choice to charge the owner, or submit it for warranty. The dealer was pretty surprised when I produced an original print of their INTERNAL bulletin, but I still spent half a day at the dealer demanding Honda pay for the repairs before they finally agreed. I know for a fact most owners ended up paying for the service, which included replacing the entire head assembly. The whole problem stemmed from the service interval for valve adjustments being too long, so a simple valve adjustment at 30k would have prevented the whole thing, yet Honda STILL chose not to let owners know about it.

We were going to buy a Pilot before they pulled that stunt, but since the CX-9 is totally superior we are glad we didnt get the Pilot.

Last edited:
Back