Wayne Mazda - Low Prices, Piss Poor Customer Service

njerald

They either don't answer their emails or answer then after 7-10 days.

They don't answer their phone so you have to leave a message. They don't call back.

Shorted me a touch up paint pen. They acknowledged it. Have sent them 4 emails in the last month with no response.

Canceled an order for shop manual and wiring diagram because it hadn't been filled for 3 months. They apparently shipped it the day of my cancellation with no notification of shipment or update of my order on their system. Got it today and have to return it because I ordered somewhere else and have a set all ready.

Paid $15 more but good communication, fast free shipping and no hassle with onlinemazdaparts.com.

The parts guy, D. Glen is a real clown!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Agreed, avoid these guys like the plague!

I ordered a shop manual from them and they charge my card. Never notified me that it was back ordered and then when I emailed to cancel they acted like the manual was in the mail.
Called Amex and canceled the order.
Found out they charged me twice!

Got both charges cancelled and moved on.

D. Glen is ......

My Order Was Completely Wrong

I ordered (i) roof rails (ii) cross bars (iii) all weather mats and (iv) wiring diagram with manual.

I got (i) broken roof rails (probably UPS) (iii) broken cross rails (not UPS as the broken part was not in the package) (iii) CX-7 mats and (iv) no wiring diagram with manual.

I went to see Wayne Mazda in person and in all fairness they were terrific. I refused to leave their lot until I had an assembled the roof rails and cross bars. This took about 6 times as they had to cannibalise other packages to find all the parts. Their service also department lent me the screwdriver needed.

To give them credit, I got the impression that the parts were poorly supplied to them. In retrospect I wouldn't mail order accessories (maybe a manual) but pay the extra buck from the local dealer just because I can go back to them if there is a problem.

The manual is on back order (maybe I'll get your return), but they have charged my credit card!!!!!

Thanks to all of you for giving me the confidence to buy one super car.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll need to order rails and some other stuff if the dealer and I cannot come to a price agreement. They are telling me accessories are not eligible for s-plan pricing, only if shipped on the car.

I got the wrong autodim homelink mirror install kit from them, they finally sent me the correct one, but I had to pay return shipping.

Then, I wanted to buy some oil filters, and asked him to add them to the web site. He did, but the wrong part number (a cartridge filter for Mazda 3) and with a totally bogus price. At that time I moved on to onlinemazdaparts.com (Montgomery Mazda in Charlotte), and couldn't be happier.

Afraid I have to agree with this..Ordered manuals and waited a week before I started emailing and leaving voice messages. Left three of each over the 2nd week. Then got a reply that item was back ordered. I cancelled the order and lo and behold they then charged my credit card. Two weeks later I am still waiting for credit..several email to same guy mentioned above and no reply. Guess I'll be calling Amex tomorrow.

Funny too how they go on about their Customer Service on both website and invoices! BS!

For some reason, the service manuals seem to be a problem.

I ordered some other parts from them and they were shipped the same day - no problem.

I ordered the service manual on 9/5 and still have nothing - no manuals, no responses to e-mails or phone calls, but also no charge on my credit card.

Next time, if it isn't in stock (in the guy's hand, not just listed on their computer!) then I won't be ordering it.

Even so, I'll probably be trying some of the other sources:

http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com

http://www.ocmazdaspeed.com/

For some reason, the service manuals seem to be a problem.
Yes, service manuals are a problem in general, not only Wayne Mazda. Mazda only prints service manuals in large batches, so there is an unpredictable and sometimes long time between printings. So, some of the "blame" is on that reality.

Now Wayne Mazda should be behaving better regardless. They should certainly not be charging until shipping the manuals, they should drastically improve their communication/responsiveness, and they should obviously verify the validity of the order if there is a very long delay -- it's just good business. I haven't purchased anything from Wayne Mazda, but I have interacted with them and based on my experience and comments above, I get the feeling that the root cause of most of their problems is a certain lack of attention to detail. In my case, there was a part for a Mazda3 advertised on their website that everyone else was telling me was not compatible. Turned out everyone was right, Wayne Mazda was wrong and they've now corrected it under my insistence. But if I wasn't as anal as I am, we would have had a $1000 problem when they would have shipped me something that wasn't going to work.

Back