Hi All - CX-9 in the works

TinMan

Dealer has located a vehicle for me 08 GT, Liquid Plat w/ Black Leather Moonroof/Bose and Towing package. He is working out the trade details right now, but says I have the car. I get S-Plan pricing. Should have it by this weekend. Pretty excited.

Just wanted to say (hi), and noticed I am not the only one from Loudoun County hanging around here!

Just a question for you guys: Yesterday on the dealer locator printout, the invoice said $35035, but when I look at S-Plan pricing, it looks like it should be about $1000 less than that (before destination, etc). Is the invoice quoted to me a fake invoice? All it has is moonroof/bose and towing.

Also, anyone with a Thule box want to post a pic? I am trying to decide which box to buy 16 or 18 cu. ft. I want the 18, but don't know how the length will look on top. (I have racks from my Passat wagon to transfer, but I think I need to add the rails right?) Anyone know is the silver Thule boxes are a good match for the liquid platinum, or should I stick with a black box?

Last edited:
Dealer has located a vehicle for me 08 GT, Liquid Plat w/ Black Leather Moonroof/Bose and Towing package. He is working out the trade details right now, but says I have the car. I get S-Plan pricing. Should have it by this weekend. Pretty excited.

Just wanted to say (hi), and noticed I am not the only one from Loudoun County hanging around here!

Just a question for you guys: Yesterday on the dealer locator printout, the invoice said $35035, but when I look at S-Plan pricing, it looks like it should be about $1000 less than that (before destination, etc). Is the invoice quoted to me a fake invoice? All it has is moonroof/bose and towing.

Also, anyone with a Thule box want to post a pic? I am trying to decide which box to buy 16 or 16 co ft. I want the 18, but don't know how the length will look on top. (I have racks from my Passat wagon to transfer, but I think I need to add the rails right?) Anyone know is the silver Thule boxes are a good match for the liquid platinum, or should I stick with a black box?

If you build a 2008 CX-9 GT AWD on www.kbb.com, it says the invoice price is $34,602 (with only the towing package and moon roof/Bose pkg. options). This price also includes the destination fee. The MSRP price is $37,535. It sounds like something is wrong, maybe the vehicle has other options on it (dealer installed) that aren't showing?

If you build a 2008 CX-9 GT AWD on www.kbb.com, it says the invoice price is $34,602 (with only the towing package and moon roof/Bose pkg. options). This price also includes the destination fee. The MSRP price is $37,535. It sounds like something is wrong, maybe the vehicle has other options on it (dealer installed) that aren't showing?

Yep, that is what I thought. No other options are showing, so I'll have to verify with them tomorrow. They pretty much have to give me the S-Plan price as far as I know, so I'll print out the pricing from the s-plan site and take it in. I don't think they were trying to put one over on me or anything, I just think on the initial writeup they wrote down the invoice price that we all saw on the "locator" print out. Thanks for weighing in.

Hopefully someone will chime in on the Thule stuff. I didn't get navi because I have been spoiled with Honda and Acura navi in the past, (we are big users of POI) and when I tried to bring up various POIs in our test drive, the cupboard was nearly bare on the Mazda navi system POI database. It was hard to find the GT I wanted without the assist or entertainment package, and still had towing.

Yep, that is what I thought. No other options are showing, so I'll have to verify with them tomorrow. They pretty much have to give me the S-Plan price as far as I know, so I'll print out the pricing from the s-plan site and take it in. I don't think they were trying to put one over on me or anything, I just think on the initial writeup they wrote down the invoice price that we all saw on the "locator" print out. Thanks for weighing in.

Hopefully someone will chime in on the Thule stuff. I didn't get navi because I have been spoiled with Honda and Acura navi in the past, (we are big users of POI) and when I tried to bring up various POIs in our test drive, the cupboard was nearly bare on the Mazda navi system POI database. It was hard to find the GT I wanted without the assist or entertainment package, and still had towing.

Good luck..........I have a 08 GT AWD on order. In fact it was built October 3rd and should be arriving at the dealership late November early December.

Well the MSRP matches what it should with those options, so I am thinking I either saw the invoice number wrong (unlikely), or that the printout had some trumped up numbers on it rather than true invoice. The printout I am talking about is one with 3 pages of vehicles on it that matched my preferences and contained CX-9s at various dealerships in the region. It had ship dates on it too. Guess I'll just wait and see what happens when I go pick it up (today or tomorrow, most likely) I haven't signed anything yet, and I printed out the s-plan pricing on the CX-9 from the s-plan website.

Well the MSRP matches what it should with those options, so I am thinking I either saw the invoice number wrong (unlikely), or that the printout had some trumped up numbers on it rather than true invoice. The printout I am talking about is one with 3 pages of vehicles on it that matched my preferences and contained CX-9s at various dealerships in the region. It had ship dates on it too. Guess I'll just wait and see what happens when I go pick it up (today or tomorrow, most likely) I haven't signed anything yet, and I printed out the s-plan pricing on the CX-9 from the s-plan website.

Take the printout from KBB showing that invoice price.

On the S-Plan price sheet, you have to add the $595 destination charge and their also may be a regional charge on the invoice. You'll notice a disclaimer on the bottom of your S-Plan price sheet about the accuracy of the numbers. The price you pay under the S-Plan is the invoice price listed on the vehicle order, which may have a regional uplift. The uplift on mine in the SE was a little over $400, so the dealer backed out their $400 in doc fees. All in all still an easy no haggle transaction for a car at invoice. Remember to pull a pin number for your dealer.

There was a $433 regional charge on the dealer invoice. The S-Plan price on the invoice was $35035 which was Invoice plus the destination, plus the regional ad-fee charge. They only charge $99 in doc fees. Gave them my PIN. Picked it up tonight. So sweet! I am off rack / roof box and navi shopping tomorrow.

Still want to see your rack pics or hear how your racks/boxes fit!

TCS Off and DSC lights came on while driving home from the dealer. They go away when car it restarted and eventually come back on while driving. Anyone else have this too? I'm taking it back in when I go to pick up the accessories I ordered at invoice as part of the deal.

Welcome fellow Loudoun-er. Have the car checked by the dealer. Btw, where did you buy yours? We got ours in Gaithersburg Mazda (cheaper dealer fee).

Welcome fellow Loudoun-er. Have the car checked by the dealer. Btw, where did you buy yours? We got ours in Gaithersburg Mazda (cheaper dealer fee).

Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Frederick. We bought our VW Passat there too. They treat us right. The regional fee was actually charged based on Philidelphia instead of local, since they had to go to Newark, DE to find a GT with only Bose/MR, and Towing in one of the two colors we liked. (They had to go to PA to get our Passat too.) They never charge a transfer fee. Even if I didn't have S-Plan they have pretty decent published pricing which is discounted and includes free every-other oil changes and free loaners. The guy we bought out '04 Passat from is now the Sales Manager for Mazda/VW and is a straight shooter. Service is pretty decent too. I do my own regular maintenance though. We stopped in Gburg this summer looking at 07s and it took ages to get someone to help us and when they did, all they had to look at was a dealer-demo. The sales manager was nice enough though. Frederick is closer for us and seems like a nicer dealership. I am waiting for word on my accessories so I can take it in to have them look at the TCS Off problem. It was happening again yesterday after being ok two days ago. So far we love the CX-9 though.

Repair - not

They had the car for 2 days and replaced the shared sensor for the ABS and Traction Control. They had to contact Mazda to diagnose. I picked up up, went to dinner, and the two lights came back on. Stopped back at the dealer but service was closed. Getting quite frustrated. I need this vehicle tomorrow because roof boxes are on sale for it this weekend, and I need it to pick up people with lots of luggage from the airport on Tuesday, and the crappy rental car won't cut it for what I need to do. This is my first Mazda, and I really want to love it. I do love it, except for the stupid warning lights. Anyone have any ideas on that so I can tell the dealer to check it?

They had the car for 2 days and replaced the shared sensor for the ABS and Traction Control. They had to contact Mazda to diagnose. I picked up up, went to dinner, and the two lights came back on. Stopped back at the dealer but service was closed. Getting quite frustrated. I need this vehicle tomorrow because roof boxes are on sale for it this weekend, and I need it to pick up people with lots of luggage from the airport on Tuesday, and the crappy rental car won't cut it for what I need to do. This is my first Mazda, and I really want to love it. I do love it, except for the stupid warning lights. Anyone have any ideas on that so I can tell the dealer to check it?

Hi, TinMan.

I have been watching this thread for a little bit and thinking that the dealer should be able to fix your problem quickly. I have had a similar with my BMW when it was new, but did not want to offer info related to a different car. The DSC and Brake lights came on. The dealer first topped off the brake fluid and the problem went away. However, the problem returned. In the end, they replaced the brake booster/master cylinder to solve the problem. I hope that this info helps. Good luck.

- ZoomFive

You can find the procedure in this thread:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123681510

OMF,
Thanks. I have tried that, but I don't have either light flashing, and they both come on at ignition with the other panel lights and then go off. After a bit of driving, they both come on and stay on until the ignition is turned off.

Thanks ZoomFive, I'll mention it to them when I drop it off (probably Wednesday this week). They replaced something called the "Common Sensor" after consulting Mazda. Guess they should have test driven it for longer after the fix, because it happened within a few miles of driving after I left there. Now it happens just about every drive cycle. Seems now to be related to taking off from a light. Not aggressively taking off either, just pulling away gently from a stop will do it, probably about the time we get up to 20mph. Curiously, it doesn't seem to do it the first time after starting it and driving off, but one or two or more traffic lights or stop sign starts into the drive. The first time we noticed it come on though, was exiting on a freeway ramp, turning and decelerating slightly. Lately the lights pop on pulling out from a stop though, even on dry roads, and these wouldn;t be starts where there would be any wheel spin where TCS or DSC would be needed and trying to kick on. I just hope they fix it this time. I love the CX-9, I just have too many dashboard lights at the moment...

Well, they had it another two days. Were finally able to see the fault happen. Traced it through the brake system to the towing package wiring. Seems a connector fir the tow package was incorrectly hooked up in the port when the vehicle arrived in the US, and was intermittently grounding. They corrected and extensively tested. I got the vehicle back last night, and so-far, so-good. Fingers crossed. They are providing lots of feedback to Mazda so as to prevent future problems like this on other cars, and also to make diagnosing easier in the future. Their head electrical tech literally spent a few whole work days on the issue. I hope my story helps others some day.

Back