Major CX-9 announcement coming Oct. 15

rk2112

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
Hello all,

I was on the Mazda USA website and on the opening screen was a picture of the CX-9. In right hand side of the screen is a clock counting down the time and it says "Major CX-9 Press Announcement to be revealed October 15th".

It will be interesting to see what it will be.........(uhm)

Mazda is going to announce that the CX-9 will be Motor Trend's SUV of the Year. They pushed up the announcement date from October 19th to the 15th. Pretty cool, as the Mercedes GL series won it last year.

I'm not sure if they based it on the 07 or 08 model, but regardless, the CX-9 will be the reigning SUV of the year :D

JP

(2thumbs)

Good job CX-9. Once again, not my type of car but Mazda continues to make inroads in such a competitive market... and that is always good news for all the owners.

(friday)

(2thumbs)

Good job CX-9. Once again, not my type of car but Mazda continues to make inroads in such a competitive market... and that is always good news for all the owners.

(friday)

Is it just me or is Mazda kicking butt and taking names as of late?

The MS3 & MS6

The CX-7

The RX-8 just won a comparo not too long ago on its driving merits

and on the race circuit too!

Zoom Zoom is alive & well.

The MS3 & MS6

The CX-7

Also don't forget the new MX-5 retractable hardtop, which is getting rave reviews (I just bought one of those too!)

Attachments

• New pic 1_edited-3.jpg
    New pic 1_edited-3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 197

The MS3 & MS6

The CX-7

Yup, but in IMO the Large Crossover/SUV market (sorry, don't know those segments well) is a very tough cookie for Mazda as it has not been its core segment (until this year it seems)... so an extra 20 points :D

Going off-topic, but also don't forget the soccer mom Mazda5 awards, it is kicking some butt globally ;):

http://www.mazda.co.za/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1163398491496&pagename=Page&site=MSA&c=DFYPage

Gonna get busier here

Well, the CX-9 now has some fairly high visibility which likely means this place is going to get a lot busier now.

It might also translate into the aftermarket paying more attention to and introducing more goodies for the CX-9. Not a bad thing at all. (drinks)

Ted

Congrats to all of the 9 guys out there. Though I still think my cx-7 is better... (enguard) ;)

In all honesty, things like this bode will for everyone that owns a Mazda (resale value and such). Mazda FTW...(bow)(bow)(bow)(bow)

DETROIT Motor Trend magazine has selected the 2008-model Mazda CX-9 as its sport utility vehicle of the year. The award from a field of 11 finalists is to be featured in the magazine's Nov. 6 edition, Motor Trend said in an announcement prepared for release Monday.

"We wondered if it would be possible for Mazda to inject its sports car DNA into their first-ever three-row crossover a crossover that happened to be one of the largest in the lineup," said editor-in-chief Angus MacKenzie.

He said tests showed that the CX-9 was "arguably the most enjoyable sport utility to drive, and a great reminder that SUVs can be as exciting as any car."

The Mazda CX-9 has a base price of $35,250 and was listed at $41,540 as tested. It has a 3.7-liter, 273 horsepower V-6 engine and goes from zero to 60 mph in 7.8 seconds. It weighs 4,633 pounds, seats seven, and is rated at 15 miles per gallon in the city and 21 mpg highway.

The other finalists were the Buick Enclave, Hyundai Veracruz, Jeep Liberty, Jeep Patriot, Land Rover LR2, Nissan Rouge, Saturn Vue, Subaru Tribeca, Toyota Highlander and Toyota Land Cruiser.

Link -> http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/suv/112_0712_2008_mazda_cx_9 (bowdown)(bowdown)(bowdown)

bignews2og6.jpg

Back