New owner...only for 2 years

I just want to say hi to everyone on this forum. Last Saturday I become an owner (leasee) of ‘08 CX-9. I trade in my beautiful ‘03 Murano, because I need a bigger car and CX-9 was the closest match with more room. I just want to put an ascent on the CX-9 transmission. Murano have CVT, so when you drive it you do not feel any gear change. I was amazed with CX-9 transmission. It is sooo smooth I barely can feel the gear change (but I can see the numbers on the dashboard). So here is what I got:
Mazda CX-9 AWD GT
White Perl Mica w/ Sand Leather interior
- GT assistant pkg
- Sunroof/Bose pkg

MSRP: $39710
Negotiated Price: $36401
Money down: $2000 (include $500 REBATE)
Plus Tax ~$1000, Acquisition fee $595, DMV, Dist $600, First month payment
Total out of the pocket $4092
Check from dealership for extra trade in $1500
24 months/12K miles
Residuale: 63%
Money Factor: .00059
Payment: $370 per month

So I got everything I ever wanted in the car. Still need to sit with the manual to figure out certain things for Nav. Can someone give me some feedback on the Mazda service? I had Nissan before and I can say on the scale from 1 to 10 it was 4 ( if 10 is the best). Thank you.

Last edited:
Congratulations & welcome! Very nice color choice (Pearl White)!

For the last 11 years I've had different model year Nissan Maxima's. Love Nissan, especially the Maxima. With an addition to the family I had to trade-in my perfectly good 2006 Maxima for the 2007 CX-9. Looked at Murano (no 3rd row and Armada (too big & thirsty). I could've traded-in my 2006 Speed6 but the high resale value on Maxima was so much better & therefore it became a logical choice, financially for trade-in. Nissan's do hold their value pretty good.

Service: I've only had to go in twice (in 11 years) for warranty service to Nissan dealer and it was so-so, probably a 5 out of 10. Both were minor though. (fog light bulb went out and transmission shift knob had become loose).

Mazda Service seems to be on both ends of the spectrum...all depends on which dealer you go to. I've had decent service from the 2 different dealers I've gone to, however, I've read some hair-raising horror stories, here and on Mazda6 Club Dot Com forums.

Thank you for reply. Well, color is CRYSTAL WHITE PEARL MICA, but my Mo was a Perl White (not as much white) and I really missing that. But it is a closes one I could get. What do you think about the deal I got. Good, bad, ok or ugly? Thanks

I like the Pearl White better on CX-9 compared to Murano...which is little yellow'ish. I used to own a 1999 Pearl White Maxima SE-L which is more akin to Mazda pearl.

Personally, I would've tried to negotiate a slightly better residual of 65%, especially at only 12k miles/year. Your money factor & cap cost are VERY good.

Mostly it is stuff for my planes. And RC planes itself. That was the reason why I changed Murano to CX-9. Planes from 80 and up were really hard to fit in with out folding almost all seats. Technically I could do it but I can not take any passengers. I want to go up size (100" plus), but I do not want to drive minivan...I am too young for that.(drive2)

Back