Rear view camera

mixmasterlove

Contributor
Has anyone with Nav./ rear view cam noticed that the right side of the camera screen looks a lil' warped ??? On my CX-7 it was a smooth rounded curve showing the bumper, the CX-9 looks off on the right side. I went to the dealer on Saturday and another CX-9 looked the same.

same here... I think it is becuase it is not centered in the middle of the rear.
On our Lexus it is centered in middle and you can see the same distance on both sides.

I was wondering if it possible to adjust it more to the right?

I am gonna talk to the SM when I get the 1500 miles OC, and show him the difference between the 7 and 9. Mine looks like it raises up on a slope 3/4 to the right, it is becoming hard to park !!!

I saw a cheap alternative at WalMart that is only $100. The camera mounts on the screws for the rear license plate and the camera mounts anywhere and is infared with no wires.

I saw a cheap alternative at WalMart that is only $100. The camera mounts on the screws for the rear license plate and the camera mounts anywhere and is infared with no wires.

I saw this. The camera doesn't look too bad, but I can't see sticking that big display up on the dash were it won't do anything unless I'm backing up.

I saw this. The camera doesn't look too bad, but I can't see sticking that big display up on the dash were it won't do anything unless I'm backing up.

How does it know that I am in reverse. It probably shows the rear-view ALL the time...

How does it know that I am in reverse. It probably shows the rear-view ALL the time...

I looked at a few, so I'm not positive, but I think that is has a hookup to the reverse lights maybe? I'm almost positive it had some way to disable it when the vehicle wasn't in reverse. I believe I also found the user guide / installation manual on line somewhere.

I looked at a few, so I'm not positive, but I think that is has a hookup to the reverse lights maybe? I'm almost positive it had some way to disable it when the vehicle wasn't in reverse. I believe I also found the user guide / installation manual on line somewhere.

Of course, it hooks into the backup lights!!!!!!

Of course, it hooks into the backup lights!!!!!!

Why do you insist on ACTING like you are smarter than everyone else here????? These forums are a suppose to be friendly enviroment for people with questions or comments regarding their vehicles. Why do you insist on being such a rude and inconsiderate (asshole) on all of your posts????????????(pissed)

Aye yaye yaye... :) Anyways...going back to the original issue at hand.

I took my CX-9 to the dealer to have the rearview camera angle checked out. They said that the camera is operating as designed by Mazda and is within specification. The reason it is angled is because the camera is not centered, but rather on the side of the licence plate lights. There is no way to adjust the angle.

If you're told otherwise, and there is a potential resolution to this issue, please share.

My rear view works perfectly. It's called my EYES.

Ahh the technophobe is at is again!

Careful bud, big brother is watching you and has a direct link to our backup cameras, whatever you do don't get behind me while I back up cause the MAN will know you exist. Also, There are reports of the CX-9 while using the voice commands for our NAV system and bluetooth it will argue with you and ultimately initate a brainwashing mechinism.

Back to seriousness, I have the same warped vision on my 08 CX9, I just assumed it was due to the angle of its current location on the back.

Good to hear the camera orientation is annoying to others. I test drove the GT recently and noticed that the rear camera displayed more right bumper than left, thereby presenting a distorted, bubble-like view. Also, there were no parking guides on the camera view (to measure proximity to objects). I drive an FX 35 and the rear camera is pretty decent, i.e., the camera view is centered thereby providing perfect orientation while backing in and the color-coded guide to measure proximity to objects works like a charm. As I backed into a parking space with a CX-9, the distorted view had me feeling less than confident that I was parking correctly. I resulted to the side view mirror to check my orientation.

Why would you launch an otherwise nice vehicle with this design flaw, especially given the expense of the option. Basically, it doesn't deliver on the safety promise/benefit they promote.

Last edited:
That is one thing I will say was much better in my Nissan Murano. The view was much better as well as the lighting.

Don't flame me, but I like the feature, but isn't it to make sure you aren't running something over (child, bike, etc.) not as a stare at the screen while you park gizmo.
I do use it to check how close I am, but not as the ultimate guide.

I drive an FX 35 and the rear camera is pretty decent, i.e., the camera view is centered thereby providing perfect orientation while backing in and the color-coded guide to measure proximity to objects works like a charm.

Yes, the Infiniti camera images are far superior to the Mazda distorted view. The color-coded guide is a big help in measuring distance in tight spaces, and the straight and curved guide lines make it soooo easy to center the car in a space.

Back