Check Engine Light - On Day 4

TravelinMan

:
2008 CX-9 GT
Well on day 4 of the ownership of my new CX-9, my wife is driving and the Check Engine light comes on. Before the light came on, she said that the engine was racing, would not shift gears, had now power, the speedometer was bouncing around, and the alternator light was coming on. So tomorrow morning is going into the shop. After a four month wait for this car she was not real pleasant to the sales manager when calling the dealership. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Will keep the board posted on this little saga.

T

Is it a Lemon???

OK, the CX-9 is un-drivable this morning.

It shifts into 4 gear at 20 mph and the engine races to 4-5000 rpm and has no power. Went back to the house and called the dealer (Jim Ellis Mazda, Marietta GA) to come get it. As this is my first Mazda, I'm not getting the warm fuzzies on reliability. Came from 10 years in a Subaru without a single issue. Told the dealer that I would be posting here as more info is available and the solution unfolds.

Stay Tuned!!!

I have 20,000 miles in four months everything good.Have not been back to Dealer at all.

Call Mazda Roadside and have your CX-9 towed to the dealer. If you have AWD model, make sure they bring a flat bed tow truck. Do not tow using either the front or rear wheels on the ground.

In 2 months of ownership, I've had no problems to report *touch wood*.

Is your CX-9 a 2007 (3.5 engine) or a 2008 (3.7 engine) model?

It's a 2008 model, 3.7L engine.

Dealer got several codes out diagnostic and they say it may be a software issue. They are not sure of the problems and they say that they are involving Mazda tech support. So as of tomorrow, the dealership will have owned my car as long as I did. After ordering and waiting 4 months for this, this is one pissed off Mazda owner and has definitely soured me on the brand.

Stay Tuned !!!

And I was thinking about Trading my 07 for a new 1?

Update on what happened?

They still have the car and I do not expect any updates until late Monday or Tuesday. At this point they have cleared the codes and they say the car runs fine and is not having anymore problems. But they still have no idea what caused the check engine codes or the erratic engine and transmission behavior. The Mazda tech training center is here in Atlanta and they are getting help from them as well.

Stay Tuned !!!

They still have the car and I do not expect any updates until late Monday or Tuesday. At this point they have cleared the codes and they say the car runs fine and is not having anymore problems. But they still have no idea what caused the check engine codes or the erratic engine and transmission behavior. The Mazda tech training center is here in Atlanta and they are getting help from them as well.

Stay Tuned !!!

So, what the hell happened?????

Back