Rain sensor and E-Pass transponder

szoom1

Enjoying my new CX9 GT w/ Assist package and DVD package. So far so good, really liking it!

Had a question about the rain sensor and my E-Pass (in Florida, for tolls). They normally are placed directly under the mirror on the windshield with a sticky. Will this placement mess up my rain sensing feature? Please let me know if you have any experience with Eunpass or E-pass transponder placement. Would love to put it directly under the mirror on the windshield.

If your worried about it just dont mount the sun pass and when you need it whip it out and either hold it to the windshield or place it on the dash and then store it again. I never liked the stupid thing being on the windshield anyways, its too ugly. I don't think it would mess with the rain sensor though. How does the rain thing work anyways?

I'm not sure how it works, so just not sure if it would interfere. I agree it's ugly but we go through tolls so much it's a necessity to keep it mounted up there. But without knowing how the rain sensor works it's hard to say if it would interfere. Anyone know how the thing works?

The rain sensor is under the black cover behind the mirror. I mounted my I-Pass (Illinois) just to the right of it. I can't even see it while I'm driving. No problem with the rain sensor.

The rain sensor is under the black cover behind the mirror. I mounted my I-Pass (Illinois) just to the right of it. I can't even see it while I'm driving. No problem with the rain sensor.

Exact same here. No problems with the iPass transponder.

Not a problem with the Epass in Fla. I don't own a GT with the niffty option. I just know. ( I have spy tech.)

Rain sensor monitors only approx. 3/4 area of the black cover (on the passenger side of it) behind the mirror, no interference with transponders.

Back