Looking for 17" wheel + tire

afticarab

:
M5 GT 2006, P5 2003
Hey all:

Hit a curb really hard after being cut off and need to find a replacement rim 17" Canadian GT model. If anyone has upgraded their rims and is looking to sell the OEM stuff or perhaps has some suggestion on where I could find one please let me know. Tire is toast too so if the tire is included that would be bonus.(ughdance)

Do you have a pic?>

I am not sure if the Can version is different than the US one.

I have some from my 06 Mazda 5 Touring that are 17" s and have original Toyo tires on them.

I think the US has the tire pressure monitor sensor on the inside of the rim and the Canadian does not. Apart from that they should be identical.
Anthony

I think the US has the tire pressure monitor sensor on the inside of the rim and the Canadian does not. Apart from that they should be identical.
Anthony

No TPMS on mine, if I recall, only the Navigation Models got the TPMS.

The cheapest rate I found was $76 for shipping via UPS.

That is a 24x24x12 Box that weighs 48lbs.

Thanks for info on shipping. Can you send me a private message regarding price. Perhaps some pictures etc.

Thanks

UPS brokeage fees

Hi afticarab,

From my pass experience, Americans like to use USP for shipping because it's inexpensive be beware! If you get something shipped via UPS from the states to Canada, UPS will charge you an extra fee which they call a "brokerage fee". It's ridiculously high and if you choose not to pay, you'll never get your package.

Google UPS Canada brokerage and you will get many testimonies. The least expensive way to ship from the US is via the United State Postal Service (USPS is their equivalent to Canada Post)

Good luck,

The cheapest rate I found was $76 for shipping via UPS.

That is a 24x24x12 Box that weighs 48lbs.

what can brown do for you today ?

Good point radiohead -
UPS will ding you additional charges - 'a brokerage fee' on all goods imported from US to Canada, in addition to the GST/PST. It's a big rip off, and that rim could end up being very expensive !
USPS is definetly the cheapest way to ship US/Canada if the shipper doesn't mind a trip to the local US Post Office and a little extra paperwork - Custom Declaration.
Most US sellers are not aware of the added expenses we Canadians have to pay, and ship UPS because it is quick and very convenient, but it is also the most expensive way to get goods into Canada, and the buyer has no choice, but to dig deep and pay the added fee !
. . . yeah, what can brown do for you today ? (fu)

Good point radiohead -
UPS will ding you additional charges - 'a brokerage fee' on all goods imported from US to Canada, in addition to the GST/PST. It's a big rip off, and that rim could end up being very expensive !
USPS is definetly the cheapest way to ship US/Canada if the shipper doesn't mind a trip to the local US Post Office and a little extra paperwork - Custom Declaration.
Most US sellers are not aware of the added expenses we Canadians have to pay, and ship UPS because it is quick and very convenient, but it is also the most expensive way to get goods into Canada, and the buyer has no choice, but to dig deep and pay the added fee !
. . . yeah, what can brown do for you today ? (fu)

Good Tip! Thanks!

Back