MS3 Front Bumper Removal

voiceKoil

:
Mazdaspeed3 2007
First off this is a very Weak and undetailed tutorial on how to remove the front bumper. This is for a few people that have asked me and for a quick reference to anyone else because my visits to the forum are getting farther apart, Enjoy!

FIRST THINGS FIRST, get a Large Towel or peice of cardboard, approx 3x6 will work fine, put that under the front edge of the car, leaving only 1 foot of it underneath the car, this is for padding later on.

The second thing you want to do is remove everybolt seeming to attach the bumper to the Fenderliners, Underbody shields, and in the upper air duct/grill area. Put them all in seperate containers or if its not a problem for you to figure things out just put them all in a coffee can.

Then after you do that you will notice it still will not budge, what you will have to do is squeeze your way into both corners of the bumper where it meets the fender, it is the very thin tip closest to each wheel, there is 1 screw on each side. It may be easier to take off your wheels to reach it, I just turned my wheel to the oppisite side I was working on. I honestly cant remember if it is a 10mm bolt or just a philips, you will have to peel back the fender liner to see it and get access to get something to take it out with. THIS IS THE HARDEST PART. I really did not enjoy taking the bolt off. And I am not looking forward to putting it in, I may not all winter if I have my car lol.

After you get each end loose basically what you will have to do is Peel the bumper off the car, start at the corner and pull away from the car until it is loose all the way up to around halfway of the headlight, maybe more or less. Its basically wedged into a white plastic part that follows the fender line and the under side of the headlight. Do one coner and then obviously do the other.

Once you do all that the bumper still should not be off! LASTly there are 2 clips you have to reach down towards the ground through the Front Air duct/Grill, they are basically levers that pop onto the stock reinforcement. ONce you pop those off you should be good to go.

NOW Before you pull off the bumper and slam it on the ground make sure your towel or cardboard is under it to protect it. Then also pay Close attention to your headlights when pulling off the bumper so you dont scratch them... As you pull off the bumper you will have to unplug the foglights, if you dont it does not give you enough clearance to set the bumper firmly on the ground, hence the padding under it just incase. Also theres the black thingy that I really dont know what it is, Im guessing Our ambient temp sensor. That will also have to be taken off, then the foglight wires may be attached to the bumper aswell.

If I remember correctly this should be everything! If any more ?s feel free to ask but I have no idea when I will be able to reply to them.

GOODLUCK TO ALL!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back