What Color???

jrhos

I know I want a 2008 CX9 GT with sand interior, bose/moonroof, towing, and roof rails. I am struggling over the exterior color - Black Mica, Galaxy Grey, or Liq Platinum. I am open to all opinions especially if you have or have seen one of these colors with sand interior.

Is 1.9% 36 months available for all 2008's?

Personally I would go with one of the darker colors with the sand...I have the platinum with the black...I think it is too light a color for the light interior

goo luck and happy zooming!!

This is just one man's opinion, but I've never found earthtone interior colors to be very complimentary to silver and grey exteriors. If you are positive you want sand, go with black mica.

With Sand interior, here's my opinion:
(1) Black Mica
(2) Galaxy Grey
(3) Silver

Honestly, why not opt for the Sparkling Black instead? Regular black = lots of car washes.

I know I want a 2008 CX9 GT with sand interior, bose/moonroof, towing, and roof rails. I am struggling over the exterior color - Black Mica, Galaxy Grey, or Liq Platinum. I am open to all opinions especially if you have or have seen one of these colors with sand interior.

Is 1.9% 36 months available for all 2008's?

I ordered Crystal White with Sand Interior. I was going to go with the Liquid Platinum with Sand, but I saw one in person and personally I think the LP has a blueish cast to it and didn't think it went well with the Sand Interior.

Oh & yes...the best deal on a 2008 is 1.9% for 36 months. If you own a Mazda Tribute, there is an additional $1k rebate.

Sand Interior - Grey stripe?

Thanks for all the replies. For those that have/have seen the sand interior live (I've only seen it in pictures) - is there a grey "stripe" on the seats or is it something different? I could see it working with the Galaxy Grey exterior if it matches well. I am leaning heavily towards the Sparkling Black Mica/Sand combo for now. I just know that the Galaxy Grey would be easier to keep looking clean.

I Have the Galaxy Grey with the sand interior in my GT, and I do agree with BlackCherry06's comment on earth toned interiors and Siver & Grey exteriors not complementing each other in general. BUT to answer your question -there is a grey stripe on the seats, and the great design of having black carpets and surface area's throughout the interior even with "Sand Interior", works really well together. I had a black on black car (2 cars ago) cleaned up great -but crazy to keep clean exterior. Next car I got smart-Silver ext, black interior-great with small kids for fingerprints etc. outside and general dirt inside. Only 2 down sides of black interior are it's HOT and after 10yrs it did fade a bit (vs a deep-dark black) even though it was garaged, really only noticable when out in bright sun. So...when picking the CX9, went with Galaxy Grey over the Platinum as to not exact copy the last car, and the bit more color that the Grey gives it a little more "personality" than striaght silver which gets a little boring (after 10yrs,lol) I have a Lincoln Navigator with a light interior, but everything is light, by your feet, etc-not dirt/kid resistant at all. I think Mazda nailed it with their version of a light interior, and I read somwhere that the light interior makes it feel even roomier than the black- I completely agree. Test driving them both with my family, my kids liked the light interior one "cause it's bigger than the black one Daddy,lol".

Personal opinion, having had a number of them - black cars are beautiful when freshly washed, but are a pain to keep clean.

There are the same gray inserts on either the black or the sand leather seats. They seem to go pretty well with any color exterior.

Thanks for all the replies. For those that have/have seen the sand interior live (I've only seen it in pictures) - is there a grey "stripe" on the seats or is it something different? I could see it working with the Galaxy Grey exterior if it matches well. I am leaning heavily towards the Sparkling Black Mica/Sand combo for now. I just know that the Galaxy Grey would be easier to keep looking clean.

Yes it is a grey stripe

My Liquid Platinum 08 should be here in the next week...I got it with sand interior just like the one in the brochure. Shweet!!

Actually it does, in the interior there is enough black " surface areas" to complement the Grey on the dash, the doors, and in the foot wells & cargo area in back, etc, as well as the grey stripe on the seats. I was leary ordering mine till I looked at a CX7 the dealer had on the lot in that combo. I think too that the sand is not as tan/brownish as some may think. (vs my 05 Navigator which has a gold type tan color)

I know you didn't list Copper Red Mica as a choice, but I throw my vote in for that combo. We were looking at either the White with Sand, Copper Red with Sand or the Liquid Platinum with sand. I initially was set on the White until I saw it up close in person. It's not the pearl white like the Cadillac has. Then we were at one dealer that had the Liquid Platinum and I was sold until we went to one last dealer and they had the Copper Red in stock. All cleaned up in the sun, the Copper Red looks awesome. The sand interior goes really well with the Copper Red. It stands out too, as I don't see many of them around, mostly the grey/platinum or black.

Back