JDM splitter source

Anyone know of a "better" source than this guy. His shipping is outrageous plus he won't ship to Hawaii for some dumbass reason.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Check Mazdaspeed02MPV on the MPVCLUB forum.
I purchased the same splitter from him over a year ago. I'm not sure about his policy for shipping to Haiwii though. I quite like this splitter because it is still quite unique among the Mazda5 community.
Anthony

Attachments

• Mazda5_Lip.jpg
    Mazda5_Lip.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 560
bayson r shoots himself in the foot with his outrageous shipping charges, which is against EBay's seller rules...and he refuses to be reasonable about it.
He has a couple items I'd buy today if he would reduce shipping.

Check Mazdaspeed02MPV on the MPVCLUB forum.
I purchased the same splitter from him over a year ago. I'm not sure about his policy for shipping to Haiwii though. I quite like this splitter because it is still quite unique among the Mazda5 community.
Anthony

How difficult was it to install? Thanks.

bayson r shoots himself in the foot with his outrageous shipping charges, which is against EBay's seller rules...and he refuses to be reasonable about it.
He has a couple items I'd buy today if he would reduce shipping.

I don't know, but I've had great luck dealing with Simon at Bayson R. I ordered a bunch of pieces so I knew that shipping would work out the same if not more than the pieces themselves. I requested that the shipping be arranged through FedEx on my account to save me some $$. It turns out that they ship via FedEx anyway but at least I got my volume discounts.

I guess the tricky thing with shipping pieces like this is the dimensional weight. In reality, body parts are not heavy but they're large and awkward to ship. You'll have this huge box with a flexible piece of plastic in it. Couriers don't care how much it weighs, but how much space it takes up in the truck (dimensional weight). Personally, I prefer to ship via couriers instead of post because of tracking and insurance (and I usually want it quickly ;) This is probably why the shipping prices are so high though.

With all this aside though...man you're cheap! The body part only costs $60USD! Try ordering some body pieces from Mazda directly!! You're in the hundreds for something like that. I sourced out buying a DAMD body kit directly from Japan and the freight costs were insane - almost double the wholesale price of the kit (+ import duties, insurance...). When I found the kit (well, a copy of the kit) at Bayson R, I ordered it up.

Last edited:
i bought my splitter from Bayson because I couldn't find it anywhere else. I didn't mind the shipping cost because to me it was obvious the shipping was just part of the total cost. $120 (shipped) for that splitter seemed reasonable.

anyway, i installed it last night and i really like it.

i bought my splitter from Bayson because I couldn't find it anywhere else. I didn't mind the shipping cost because to me it was obvious the shipping was just part of the total cost. $120 (shipped) for that splitter seemed reasonable.

anyway, i installed it last night and i really like it.

Post some pics when you get a chance....Anthony

it's difficult to get pics of. it dissapears into the black tarmac. but anyway, here it is:

DSCN0207.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

thanks for the idea Anthony :)

The splitter looks really sharp with the white Mazda5...Congrats.
Beware of curbs though, I already have a few battle scars on mine, mostly from the wifey, and with my son driving it's only a matter of time before I'm going to have to get another.
Anthony

thanks man, and yup, i figured as much. the bottom of the front end was scraped up pretty good even before adding the splitter. i'm sure i'll end up wackin the bahjeezus out of it.

so that's it for my mods i guess. nothing else i can think of doing. mayyyybe a bigger rear spoiler?

thanks man, and yup, i figured as much. the bottom of the front end was scraped up pretty good even before adding the splitter. i'm sure i'll end up wackin the bahjeezus out of it.

so that's it for my mods i guess. nothing else i can think of doing. mayyyybe a bigger rear spoiler?

If yours is the same as mine it's made from a very brittle material. Therefore it's going to be very unforgiving if you hit it i.e., it will crack easier than most lips. So be careful. I find myself always reversing into parking spots to avoid clipping the lip.
Anthony

Where'd you get yours Anthony??? The only EBay seller I found for the lip does not ship to Canada...(dunno)

If yours is the same as mine it's made from a very brittle material. Therefore it's going to be very unforgiving if you hit it i.e., it will crack easier than most lips. So be careful. I find myself always reversing into parking spots to avoid clipping the lip.
Anthony

Where'd you get yours Anthony??? The only EBay seller I found for the lip does not ship to Canada...(dunno)

I purchased my lip (and many other parts) from a buddy on the mpvclub forum. His forum id is 02mazdaspeedmpv. His parts are sourced from Taiwan and so the price is good and the quality is generally above average. No complaints from me.
Anthony

i pm'd 02mazdaspeedmpv a few weeks ago and he hasn't replied to me yet.

Quite possible, I don't think he's been as active on the forum recently due to demands of school etc. I'll send you a PM with his personal e-mail address; however I'm not sure if this addr is atill active. HTH.
Anthony

Back