Tint %'s

Jonesy

:
Mazdaspeed 6
Hey, I will be going in to get tint on monday, and I am just curious as to what the different percentages mean, and what you guys recomend I use on my titanium grey metallic colored 07 ms6?

Note: I will only be tinting the back windows, as it is illegal to have tint on the front ones where I live, and I cant cruise with the windows down past a cop when it is - 40 degrees outside

any help would be greatly apriciated, thanks in advance

J

the percentage go by how dark the tint is.....a higher number such as 40% is very light...as like limo tint is 5%...where i live it is illegal to have tint under 32% on the front windows, but it can be as dark as i want in the back. personaly i think 20% tint is the best way to go. its really dark but not to dark. hope this helps.

yeah the percentage is the percentage of light that goes into the car. I think I have 35% on the 2 front windows and limo (5% or less) on the back windows.

15% front and back FTW! My state is 32% limit front but who cares. No one ever gets stopped and I've talked to cops and they say they don't care... it's not worth getting shot by a black guy with 5% tints.

P6140123.jpg

35% all around.

Yeah I live in Alberta too. Dont have my windows tinted yet cause I just got my 2nd MS6, but I am planning to get the front ones done too. From what I hear most cops really dont bother with such small things.

I know someone who has 35% tints.. I couldn't even tell the window was up at night... lmao. it was really clean but i poked my hand through thinking is it down?

I know someone who has 35% tints.. I couldn't even tell the window was up at night... lmao. it was really clean but i poked my hand through thinking is it down?

what?? see above...thats 35%....you can tell its tinted...

It depends how light your interior is.

Before the Speed6, I had a black Mustang coupe with an all black interior, I stuck with a medium tint (35%).

On the Speed, I have a two-tone white + black interior, with alot of white area, I went with 20% all around so the tints would work.

I live in Calgary, AB, and I have had my Protege 5 and now my Speed 6 tinted all around. I don't know what the percentage is, but at the place I got it done, they had "light", "medium", "dark", and "limo". I got dark done on both vehicles, on all windows except the windshield (of course).

I have been pulled over a couple times in either car for speeding (zoom zoom...) and the cops have not made any mention of it.

I think the only reason a cop would ever pull you over for tinting, is if you went TOO dark, and they looked at you and couldn't make out your description through the window. They should be able to see a "white male, approx 25-30 years of age, build-type, etc.." and not be second-guessing if they are coming up on a little old lady or a burly gangster behind that tinted window. :)

Of course, on dark/cloudy days it makes you even harder to see... so sometimes I am conscious of this and roll down my front two windows when I am passing a cop, so there is no excuse for them to pull me over. Haven't had to do it yet at minus 40 so I guess I am lucky there!

i live in MD and am a cop.. we do not care about tint levels... (most of us)... i have 20% all around.. (need to put up to date pics up... looks good

I have 20% on sides and rear and 35% on front window (yeah, yeah!). There's a pic of my car here somewhere in the buy/sell sub-section.

in Virginia, legally it's the other way around.

I have 35/50 tint, which speaks in terms of percent of light filtered...

so 35% of light is filtered in the front, 50% in the rear

so going by how you guys measure it I have 65/50 tint, very light, easy to see through at night but enough to keep the car from baking during the day.

DAMN! that is nothing 65/50... my friend got 35 / 35 and i still can't tell it is tinted lol... I'm too use to the tints that come with cars.

Man, its still hot in my car with my dark tint when it sits outside in the sun(which isn't very much since I am super picky) I can't imagine 65% tint.

Although I do live in hot ass Houston, TX.

Latest posts

Back