zigger's tune

zigger's tune - Highest #s on stock turbo

So Zigger went to Magnus Motorsports to get tuned. He's got the CPE TBE w/ cat, an ETS TMIC, and AEM CAI. 295 whp and 328 wtq. AFAIK those are the highest numbers on the stock turbo. The story is, he went for one session (270 whp) and they were pulling so much fuel (-24 in the Standback) at the top that they knew something had to be wrong. They checked the ETS TMIC and it was leaking in 5 places. He went back two days later and had it rewelded and put down 295/328.
He's out of town but asked me to post it.

He's running 18.1 psi and, looking at the tune, they added fuel from 3500 to 4200 kept it stock from there and did most of the work on the timing, advancing it 1-3 in the standback. He's in Canada so it's tuned on 94 octane.
z's dyno-2.jpg

Last edited:
That's where I want to be...300HP on the Stock Turbo.

You guys realize that Crank HP he is seeing about 350Hp. That is very impressive. (kiss)

Last edited:
Hey man.. Thanks for posting I wont be around until Sunday but yeah I was pushing 242 whp with a broken BOV and 5 leaks in my TMIC guys check for LEAKS!! We made the tune sooo agresive and took fulel out at the top becuase it was rich as **** (because of boost leak)and finaly hit 270 whp not safely finally we Fixed the Boost leaks got a new BOV retuned everything and got close to 300 whp 330 t/q The car is insane!!!

It's abit more than 350 crank but screw that look at the TQ!! 330 t/q at wheels..

Hey man.. Thanks for posting I wont be around until Sunday but yeah I was pushing 242 whp with a broken BOV and 5 leaks in my TMIC guys check for LEAKS!! We made the tune sooo agresive and took fulel out at the top becuase it was rich as **** (because of boost leak)and finaly hit 270 whp not safely finally we Fixed the Boost leaks got a new BOV retuned everything and got close to 300 whp 330 t/q The car is insane!!!

It's abit more than 350 crank but screw that look at the TQ!! 330 t/q at wheels..

That's awesome man!!
We need to hook up for a ride!

That's a really good question. It looks to me like they didn't do much tuning with the fuel, it was mostly timing. His boost was set at 18 psi which is pretty much maxing the stock turbo.
Here are the screenshots of his tune.

zigger's boost.JPG

zigger's fuel.JPG

zigger's timing.JPG

They used a soap and water solution but I'm not sure if it was just a spray bottle or they actually submerged the IC and pressurized it.

How would you have 5 leaks from our Intercooler? Doesnt it only have like 2 connections? One from the turbo and then other to the intake manifold?

Thanx

To LBV I checked my TMIC he mentioned there was a member that has a issue with one and when I ran him with his almost stock speed 6 Vs my Tuned 3" TBE with TMIC speed 6 and kept up pretty close to me I knew something was wrong. Believe it or not your butt dyno wont feel it . But a dynojet showed a increase of 57 whp and 62 lbs feet of t/q!!! Now I inhialate a speed 6 with a exhaust I ran 2 buddies already and it was uuugly

Thx for the props Zigger - I'm glad you eventually heeded my advice.

On another front, I was able to get 1 of the 1st 25 PnP Standbacks, so I'll be pretty close again soon ... :D

Thats freakn awesome man!! I cant wait to tune my car on meth!!!!I should be able to advance my timing pretty far!!!!! How many degrees did you advance? (headbang)

Idk if I should use the CP-E EMS or XEDE...

I have..
GT3071R
Custom FMIC
3" Turboback
HKS BOV

That's it for power.. what do you all think? I don't want to normal 311hp/307tq the other 3 are getting from the Standback.

i don't think going with the xede will get you any better ?? don't want 311hp..more motor work, need fuel work, need cams ;) and a nice tune..on either standback

awesome work zigger. I almost have the same setup as you, cpe tbe, ets tmic, cpe cai, turbosmart bov. Any chance you'll share the tune? Thanks,

Back